TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdee

I had a very interesting conversation with Evolution composites here in the UK today.
I originally called to order some carbon fibre intake covers for the R.

We got talking about the possibility of making carbon fibre frame covers either part or whole frame and swing arm.
This is something that I really want to do for my R as it not only looks fab but as I understand can really help the frame if the bike hits the deck.

My question is this ...

If they were to make some moulds for the frame etc for possibly both the R and S would anybody else be interested in this kit.

Evolution composites are one of the best Carbon Fibre parts in the Uk and the quality of there products is superb.

Can you all let me know what you think on this before I commision them to make a set for me. Would any body else be interested ?? Maybe a group buy ??

I know its a little tricky without pics but I am sure this will look amazing.

They can also produce a Carbon fibre belly pan for the R (NOT SURE ABOUT S) as they already have the mould. This is another thing that I really want to do.

Responses would be great.

Cheers

Steve

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
CF belly pan 100% fo'sure I'm in. how much and who do I have to talk to.

other CF bits if the price is right. Do a GB on the belly pans, and a GB on the frame covers and see what you get...

I know guys are looking for front fenders/mudflaps, and huggers in REAL, yummy, mucho blingy CF...

there has to be significant interest... run with it ba'bay... show us what you can get.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NICKTLR said:
It all sounds SICK!!!! The only real question is how much we talken about$$$
What I need to do is go back to them with an idea of the demand and then I can get a price on what it will cost.

What I will try to do is get an idea from them and let you all know.
They need to take my bike for a day to do the moulds for the frame and I am going to them in a week to collect my intake covers. So they can do it then. If I could have a rough idea on numbers by then, I will then be able to give more of an idea. Fair enough ???

Steve

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
i do have to say though that i have a belly pan already in the works. and its looking like an offer i cant pass up. But i wanted to talk more about the frame covers. do you think you would have a chance to get a pic of a frame cover they do. maybe they have a website :idea antoher thing maybe they would consider if we could get some peeps in on it. carbon exhaust brackets? i know i need some. but im probably then only one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No probs just really want these parts for My baby Just picture what I have in mind

Candy red metaliic paint with silver flec (lots of)
Carbon fibre belly pan and fram covers carbon fibre wheels etc etc etc.

I am on a mission and I am gonna do this.

Currently the R is red and I have done quite abit to her in the two weeks I'v had her but I want to make her unique... So watch this space

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...If the cost for the item and the shipping (isn't too rediculous (sp) from the UK) I'm sure I have a few TLR friends on/off base that would be interested...I could do a mini-Japan GB one time shipping for all the Japan guys if they chime in and want the parts...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds great I have mailed the guys at Evolution Composites.
There website is www.evolutioncomposites.co.uk

The guy there is Graham and he said to me that they would make anything if the numbers add up !!!!

So Let me know what you want and we can put it to them

Nice

S

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bellly pan not shown, but some parts are, the air box and intakes are a Yoshi rep !!

The quality of this stuff is well known over here.
They are prepared to talk about whatever we want them to make.
Kinda liking the carbon add ons to the GSXR tank on the front page..

www.evolutioncomposites.co.uk

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
They used to make a complete body for the TLR and is was beautiful. I've talked with them a few times, they said that the molds for the body were worn out. I talked to someone else in the CF industry and they said molds are easy to recondition compared to starting from scratch. I ask evolution if I could buy the old molds from them at the beginning of the year but I never got an answer back. So tell them to fix the molds, if they have not already thrown them out and make the complete body again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
vandriver said:
They used to make a complete body for the TLR and is was beautiful. I've talked with them a few times, they said that the molds for the body were worn out. I talked to someone else in the CF industry and they said molds are easy to recondition compared to starting from scratch. I ask evolution if I could buy the old molds from them at the beginning of the year but I never got an answer back. So tell them to fix the molds, if they have not already thrown them out and make the complete body again.
Will do.

By the way I want one of those wicked clear clutch covers !!!

How do I go about it ?

s

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
scardeycat said:
I will ask them as soon as I can about the front fender.
You can also try these www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk

In my opinion though (a humble one) The evolution stuff is just drop dead gorgeous.

S

pyramid fenders are too plain/boaring look.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts