TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just keep having problems!! a couple weeks ago, I woke up and the room was spinning and spinning! Got so sick and couldnt controll the spinning; I was able to call 911, got me to the hospital, waited 5 hours and gave up on the ER, Mom took me home. My doc said it may have been my inner ear or fluid in my ears. I was just about to put my bike up for sale; but I'm getting better now.

Hopefully looking forward to the last trackday of the season at Cresson on the 30th! I'm guessing it's the last trackday anyway.
dnee'

·
Registered
676 Posts
Oh my, I hope everything turns out ok for you. I have had spells like that but only when I first stand up, due to thicker blood and low blood pressure I was told.

Make sure you take all necessary actions to stay healthy. Let us know how you are in weeks to come.

-Daniel

T

·
0 Posts
My father had similar syptoms that were diagnosed as Meinier's(spelling???) disease. Kinda like vertigo but a little more serious...It is hereditary and I have a few symptoms comin in as I age(old fart, I am). Beore he passed away(78, from blood-clot in brain, not related to this) he even had some Parkinson-like things going on. Sodium levels and electrlyte "balance" are important to watch. A Dr Paulson worked with my dad while he was still around. He is at Ohio State University Medical Center. He tested me and my father's other son. I haven't seen him in over a decade so I don't know if he's still around. I just "deal with it" and put my trust in God that it will come farther down the road for me... I'm no doctor so these ramblings may mean nothing, but I hope for the best for you...SC

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Daniel! It's kind of funny~ but I think I take extremely good care of my self, eat right, exercise, etc, and my husband does nothing except sit behind a computer screen all day, comes home and watches TV, and rarely gets ill! Don't get me wrong, I'm happy he never gets sick! It seems like all my girlfriends get sick too! RATS!~ lol

I read about the Menier's disease, and my symptoms, though similar,~ I don't know. I am getting better for sure; just taking longer than I expected! My neurologist today said the ear thing will just take time to heal/or get better.

·
Registered
676 Posts
TLZOOK, I hve heard of that somewhere else as well. I hope it doesnt get to you ever, not just later in life.

Denee, I am like you and your husband....lol I am quite active but I also sit a lot behind a computer at work and at home. I do not get sick often, but when I do get sick, I am terribly sick.

Senior year of college I was diagnosed with Viral pnemonia and bronchitis (not a spelling major!). I was working out a lot and lost all of my muscle power. I went from 183 lbs to 157 lbs in 3 weeks. So take care of an illness at once, I was sick for 3 months because of being pigheaded. So please do get checked out.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
ear problems can do crazy things. My girlfriend is still getting over infections in both ears and her balance was all messed up. she would be walking down the hall and just randomly fall into the walls and have to sit down for a bit to regain her balance. after falling twice I finally took her to the hospital and they looked at her, looked in her ears and said she had infections in both ears, and in her sinuses too. After 5 days on amoxicillin she was 90% better, but is still fighting off the spins and balance problems.

hang in there, ears can take a while to heal, but will take even longer if you try and do it on your own. go get drugged up, you'll be better in no time :thumbup

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Denee Cole said:
I read about the Meniere's disease.
:dowhat a mate of mine thought he had it and it scared the pants off him when he read it up on the Internet:dowhat
It turned out his was aganoids(s/p).a quick op and its sorted:)
hope everything works out ok for you though:)

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Do you drink diet soda? stuff with lots of aspertame in it? I used to drink ALOT of diet soda. Come to find out, Aspertame (the sugar substitute) attacks the coatings of your nerves all over your nervous system(makes them short out). It can take months or years to develope symptoms from it. It can take months or years to heal from it after you stop drinking that artificial sweetened stuff. It ended up to be the case with me.

in February 2005 I had a breakdown at the gym that I think was caused somewhat by what I was drinking(At the time I thought I was going to die on the leg press machine I was using. It took me 3 months to mostly recover from it.). It'ss been over a year and a half of not drinking diet soda and avoiding the artificial sweeteners. If I want something sweet, I eat something that has SUGAR in it.

The dizziness is pretty much gone now, but I notice it comes back if I don't get enough sleep. I'm 35 years old.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I did see a neurologist and he wasn't too concerned for some reason, which made me feel a little better. He said it's just a fluid imbalance and kind of age associated (damn, I'm getting older!!), he was more concerned about my neck problems that I'm having, so off to the MRI thing! Gee I hate MRI's!! Claustrophobic! I can put on full leathers, gear, on a hot day, top it off with my helmet, go pretty darned fast, but can't lay in an MRI chamber!!

·
No Likey No Spiders
6,412 Posts
I had a touch of vertigo back in 2000, I had been out of the Army for about 3 weeks, was sitting on my couch and all of the sudden the room was spinning and I passed out.
Wife was there and called an ambulance and I awoke in the hospital like I was in a dream.
It took a solid 2 months before I felt half way normal again and had doubts that I would ever get back to feeling "good" again.
The only way I can describe it is like being half awake.
I hope you get your problem diagnosed properly and you get to feeling better very soon Denee.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh Jesus ED! What did they find out; did they run tests? I felt like I was going out! They called mine a Brown out being that I didn't completely blackout. I actually got on the floor when it began, after I had gotten out of bed, just in case I was going to go unconcious. I wish there was a way to connect our symptoms to the physicians to let them see how it feels, in any circumstance. I do better moving around vs. like sitting here at the computer.

·
No Likey No Spiders
6,412 Posts
They just said it was Vertigo and it was left at that.
It hasn't returned and to be honest at the time I was afraid that it was something more serious and was too scared to find out what it was.
It's been so long now that I tend to believe the original diagnosis and I'm doing great now. :)

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm so happy to hear that you're doing good! Sorry to drag this out, but how long did it take for it to go away? Mine is still lingering a bit, not bad, I can drive and do whatever I want. It's most notable when sitting in my car at a red light; seems like things just start to move a little; nothing like originally though. Did you have any symptoms at all prioer? I had no headache, ear aches, just plain nothing.

·
No Likey No Spiders
6,412 Posts
It took roughly 4 months until I felt whole again.
I had not one warning sign that this was gonna happen - one second I was fine and four months later I was back to me old self entirely. No ear-aches or headaches or anything previous.
I hope it doesn't take that long for you to get back to normal again.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
I had dizzy spells that lasted 2 months!

Mind you that was when I got knocked off my R1 years ago, and I suffered severe head injuries and concussion for weeks and headaches for months.

But I'm much better now :D

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
ive had dizzy spells & head aches from being dehydrated at work a few times. twice near to pass out.
hence why i walked off my job. poor work conditions , poor hours & prick of a exploiting boss.

take care girl & get better soon :)

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gee Ed, sounds like you're describing my symptoms! No signs at all, but I didn't black out, a brown out so it's described. I'm definitly getting better, just little touches of dizziness now and then. Thank ya'll, and may we all live to older and healthier!!

denee'

·
Registered
871 Posts
i got dizzy once! right after i hit the wall! but on a serious note be very careful while riding we don't need anymore accidents! so make sure you are 100% before going for a spin!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Dehydration I need 2 drink lots of water . Or i feel like shit . It makes me piss like a race horse but if i dont drink lots of water I don't feel good. When i let myself get dehydrated I catch colds & always tierd .
I think thats why some people feel like shit . Try it & see if i'm wrong .

1 - 20 of 29 Posts