TLZone Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at doing a few trips next year.

I won't be on the UNO, will be using my BMW R1150RT.

Thinking about ....................

10 days in the Spanish Pyrenees, very bendy road stuff.

7 days in Normandy, looking at the D-Day stuff.

10 days to the German North Sea / Baltic coast, looking at WW2 stuff.

7 to 10 days in the Ardennes, WW2 stuff.

5 days to the Welsh coast, poodling around stuff - never starting early or finishing late - probably tents.

5 to 10 days in Germany, ....................................................... sort of Bielefeld - Hanover - Magdeburg - Nordhausen - Kassel area. I have some Michelin maps that give you the scenic routes.
........................................................ or, follow the old iron curtain, North to south and check out some cold war stuff.

does any of this interest anybody who may wish to come along?

·
Premium Member
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It interests me....

But I would have to sleep in your garage between trips ... (which I am not opposed to).

Go on then, I'll bite ...................... when are you in the UK and for how long?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi Ted,

I have some GPX marks for Normandy\Europe I can send that will prove useful.

I could be interested in the either of the WWII stuff but have a couple of trips planned already but one of those might not happen depending on responses from my mates. Keep me posted?

Like you, I enjoy the comfort of a R1200GS for trips

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Hi Ted,

I have some GPX marks for Normandy\Europe I can send that will prove useful.

I could be interested in the either of the WWII stuff but have a couple of trips planned already but one of those might not happen depending on responses from my mates. Keep me posted?

Like you, I enjoy the comfort of a R1200GS for trips
I also have an R1200gs adventure, I do a fair bit of travelling on that too.,

·
Registered
909 Posts
Interested in doing a few trips to Europe next year. Only managed less then 2 weeks last year which must be a record low for me. Quite jealous of a certain GS rider! :)

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Interested in doing a few trips to Europe next year. Only managed less then 2 weeks last year which must be a record low for me. Quite jealous of a certain GS rider! :)
You know I'll be away a few times as always Geoff. I'll let you know the dates and you can see what you can do.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Cheers Garry.
As always, fitting fun around the requirements of work is a pain. But with enough notice I can book the dates I need. Just booked the dates for Germany so that's in the bag now. :thumbup

·
Registered
909 Posts
Finally had the Spain meet location published on the Suzuki Intruder Forum.
It will be at Don Juan Resort Hotel in Lloret de Mar, Gerona, Spain
Dates are 31st May to 2nd June 2019

·
Premium Member
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So my initial thoughts are that I want to do a few continental trips this year so I though from April to September I would travel at least once per month.

The dates I have in mind are..........

April 13th to 23rd, across the Easter weekend so it will only be 5 working days out of 11, thinking of Normandy to visit the D-Day sites.

May 4th to 13th, another bank holiday so 5 working days out of 10, Germany, Bremerhaven area to the Polish border along the coast somewhat to see some U-Boat stuff & V1 & V2 stuff. This could easily be extended to see the stuff around Arnhem or swopped for the V1 & V2 stuff.

June 11th to 17th is the TL Treffen but this could be extended before or after to do maybe the "Route des Legends", Ardennes to Eifel & maybe Battle of the Bulge stuff...........

July 6th to 21st I am thinking of the Pyranees and the Tarn river gorge.................

and as for August - September, well the only thoughts at the moment are for after the August bank holiday to do the Welsh coast again for a week. This one will be camping but I doubt the others will be......................... Although I am always open to discussion!

I think for me the Intruder rally in Spain and the TL Treffen are too close together to do both .................................... Although I am always open to discussion!

·
Premium Member
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, ATM I am off with a couple of mates to do 4 nights at Verdun, France for some WW1 stuff and 4 nights at Kall in Germany to do some smaller Battle of the Bulge sites.
Leaving UK on Maundy Thursday 18th April and returning on Friday 26th. me on the RT, others on a Bandit and a Harley.

I want to do 9/10 nights away from 17/18th May to 27/28th May and I am open to suggestion from those who would like to travel with me as to where to travel and what to see. I don't mind camping or hotels. Nice and easy 2-300 miles a day.

All on the R1150RT in case you were wondering.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts