TLZone Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
idk, if you are looking to shop for any computer electroncis, I would highly recomend http://www.newegg.com/

I don't know there's a straight device/hardware that do video capture and convert all in one.

i would video capture the analog signal from RCA cables and added video compression, and put it onto a DVD using software like DVD Santa or nero burner.

good luck

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
I have a Plextor "ConvertX" box that can do this. It takes normal RCA video and sound cables off your VCR or analog camera and converts the analog output to a digital file you can burn to DVD. I used it to convert all my old analog home movies. It connects to your computer via a USB cable. As I am done doing that and my little video business never quite got going, I will sell it for $50 plus shipping. It cost $100.

Basically, the box gives you what you would get if you plugged a digital movie camera into your computer. You can play the files (they will be large) as they are on the computer, but you need video editing software to format and burn to DVD. I use Ulead Video Studio 9. You can buy that online. It is pretty straightforward to use and before you know it, you can make cool videos like "Duke rides the KX of Death" :laugh

PM me if interested. Here are some photos of it.

·
Registered
196 Posts

I just bought one of these incredibly tiny USB video capture devices from woot.com for $20 (Adaptec AVC-1410 Gamebridge). It records video from either composite or s-video to your computer via USB (also allows you to play & record your console video game via your PC).

If only I could get Windows XP Media Center to recognize it.

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Surely all you need to do is get a multi-media or TV PCI card or USB stick and plug the video output into the co-ax aerial inlet :O

1 - 6 of 6 Posts