TLZone Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
then went to put the exhaust on...not that ill be using it, as there is another one on the way from Germany....but this is an old one I had when got some cans..now I have the m4 full system on it...but when they have taken it off..they have lost the nut that sits inside and pulled the rivets...

quickly did a fabrication, nothing special..and got them on...stacked shit lods of grease in header bolts and tightened them just past finger tight....all i need is for them to fkn break again...

nice wiring from the previous owner...

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
mental note....if there is a next time....place throttle cables and fast idle cables on before fitting throttle bodies..as a PITA getting the fast idle cable on....my fingers were fooked..so i left at this stage ...

and this is how I left the garage....closed the door and turned light off...venture in there next week....

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
and for those that couldn't pick it...not that I would expect you to...yes thats right..the fkn earth cable....wont get far without that...

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
well im looking at other threads and seeing guys on here change engines and add this and that and make their own, pure genius if you ask me, compared to my little ol engine thread..lol...but who gives a shite!

ok, so tonight, some more wires added in and air box...

no big deal you say...

woohoo..it fitted without pinching hoses or breaking wires or just being a biatch to put on...

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
some final hoses on....

battery in and box , and wires hanging all over the place...

modded the fuel tank to be a bit more aerodynamic....

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
So connected fuel tank to make sure heard it prime......sat and looked it and thought...this could end in tears.....got ready for the occasion just in case....

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
double checked..there are 4 stages i rekon...
first stage, electrics...
second stage - fuel pump prime
third stage - starting up
fourth stage- idling and running smooth ...

So hit the key...
wooohooo

so then hit the start button to prime up....yes it was s success....however herd this other noise and thought, hmmm whats that..looked around..the tank primed, and then began to piss petrol out of the hose...hadn't connected it... :banghead
anyway so checked the codes and got this..the FI stayed on, but I didnt want to go starting the engine...but i did give it a little little tap, and it sounded good , but didnt start it...so time will tell ...
its been sitting for 2 years, SO i have to go find that thread that writes up about starting an engine been idle for a while and put old oil in and in the spark plug holes etc....

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
ok, latest..went and purchased new battery plugs oil and crap...put some oil down the plug hole, new oil in , new spark plugs in.,....leave the plug caps off and give it a squirt to build some oil pressure up and around...few secs....do it again...cool..all good, turn off walk around to the back, and fkn nearly went A over TIT.....no good..oil on floor...
this doesnt look good......this only happens when starter button pressed...when not on, no leaks...

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by "plug caps"? However, it looks like your gearshift housing hasn't been bolted in place :laugh

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
oh sorry...put a bit of oil down spark plug holes..those rubber caps...blah blah ..you know what i mean....well I thought, oh shite,,,the bloody seal has gone or did i put in the gasket....so took the gear cover off...and never noticed this...its actually dented with the piece was inside...but it never noticed when on stand as wasnt enuf oil in it...I rekon ive done that when moving it around on the stand etc......anyway, all changed now...started back , no leaks...:banana

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Fkn !!! :doh

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
ok, last bit now, connected all hoses etc and tank and a pic of just before we attempt to fire it up..(in case catches fire)

start her up....takes about 5 secs, then cranks to life and idles. Only idle for maybe 10 secs....lots of smoke...didnt rev it

right exhaust puffin like a smokestack...not a good pic, but was at the end....

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
it was idling rough, or a bit down on the tone.....is that smoke all the moly paste etc burning off on the inside? I wont start it again until ride it....and idling low, but then dont expect it to be smooth....but all good !

·
Registered
64 Posts
So, how long does it take to get the engine out and then assemble everything together?
Cos I'd already get my engine out of frame and now is time to see what is wrong with engine and which one crankshaft is ****ed.
And yes, I'm killed engine in tlr.
Poor me.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I couldn't tell you really...some do it quick and others a work in progress...taking the engine apart took and back together me about 2 months, as I only worked on it over weekends...once it was ready to go back in, took me 2 days to get it in and all back together...but that was only me working on it...all depends what you need to do to the engine...some parts may have to be sent off to get redone etc..

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Great thread , so the bikes all good now ?
hey funny you should ask....only last weekend continued on..it took me a few weeks to repair all the crack tabs and gouges etc, so i put them back on last week..took it for a spin...started up all ok,. gear was a bit heavy to get in, but that will hopefully be just adjustment of gear level..no clunking etc...smoke all gone..rode well...let it idle for a bit to see if the fan switched on..yep all good there..but then noticed stuff flying out the back...oh ooo..the cans now need to be repacked..lol...stuck trying to find the indicator wires on the right..finally found them..the guy had cut right down to the loom...all indicators work now...wiring was all over the place....i must get some pics..needs a wash first...! dusty

·
Registered
48 Posts
Maybe some of you guys could possibly help me with my tl1000r I am a newbie. I have a thread if anyone would like to read it and help me diagnose my problem. Much help is greatly appreciated. Thread is 2000 tl1000r

41 - 59 of 59 Posts