TLZone Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. im from Australia.

I have 98 tl1000r. unfortunately Ive done some internal engine damage. possible valves and crank bearings.

Im just after a place to get parts,

head gaskets
big end bearings
gaskets
possible piston and rings

any help would be appreciated. Ive wanted one of these things since I was a boy and it lives in my lounge room. please only refer me to places that have top quality parts.

any tips I should look out for on the rebuild would be much appreciated.

cheers.

·
Registered
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,508 Posts
Welcome to the Zone Kevbuilt!

As you have likely noticed, there isn't much traffic in these forums lately. Still, there is plenty of "How-to-Rebuild" knowledge documented in the "motor rebuild" forum and elsewhere.

Motor Tear Down and Rebuild

As for locating parts, there are two or three reliable sources here in the US, but I wouldn't know where to send you in AUS.

Have you tried contacting the Australian TL1000 owners group on Facebook? They should be able to recommend some good local sources.

Facebook Groups

·
Registered
604 Posts
Ring-in, aka Stu, used to sell crankshaft bearings that were oversized. He doesn't post here nor have I seen him on FB. He might be on the Australian board though. He can be a bit cantankerous, but once you get past that, he's pretty nice guy and knows a lot about these bikes!!! He's helped me a few times, as has Six5.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the Zone Kevbuilt!

As you have likely noticed, there isn't much traffic in these forums lately. Still, there is plenty of "How-to-Rebuild" knowledge documented in the "motor rebuild" forum and elsewhere.

Motor Tear Down and Rebuild

As for locating parts, there are two or three reliable sources here in the US, but I wouldn't know where to send you in AUS.

Have you tried contacting the Australian TL1000 owners group on Facebook? They should be able to recommend some good local sources.

Facebook Groups

Thanks mate.

Can you send me some details of the suppliers over there please. I have family and friends in the states so I may still be able to get parts sent here if they don't already ship to AU

Really appreciate your help.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
And just for luck...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts