TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
They are not real Sato..
"With design isnpired by famous Japanese brand Babyface Sato....."
The price is good, though if you can keep it low....
The Satos go up to US$450+ but they are really something...
The have roller bearings at the levers and the quality, feeling and adjustability is just great.
I don't know about the ones on Egay :O They could be good...

Couple pics of my Satos

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oops i meant to say sato style like the ad on egay says, they look kinda cool, wonder how the quality is

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
oops i meant to say sato style like the ad on egay says, they look kinda cool, wonder how the quality is

:O No idea....
What I'd do is: Go to the seller's history and find who bought those rearsets for their bikes (not necessarily TLR -they fit on TLS, too- but also for other bikes) and send them an email through Ebay, asking about quality and if they're happy with their buy...
SOme of them, I'm sure, will reply...... You'll know then :thumbup

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...I'd investigate as Gigas suggests before sending any $$ to Thailand...

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
from what i have read on his seller feedback from the buyers that he is a pretty good ebay member, i dont think i saw any negatives from what i read. i email a few people that got the rear sets and waiting to hear back from them

·
Registered
967 Posts
The Satos go up to US$450+ but they are really something...

Silly question, but I've meant to ask that for a long time: how could rearsets cost $450? Whats the deal with them? What can you do with a $450 rearset that is attractive?

It is not a tricky question, maybe i just dont know what rearsets do and therefore I cant see a reason to upgrade them...

My guess is that they are usually lighter and you can adjust for comfortable. Is that right?

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
BLING BLING!!!!!!
Of course, not the intended purpose, but a side affect yes.

Rearsets come in 2 typical types, non-adjustable and adjustable. Typically you will find that across the board they weigh less and are stronger than stock and move the foot position up and back from stock. Additionally, some come equipped with bearings on the levers. You can also expect better grip than a stock rubber unit. Adjustable units also have the ability to give you more positions.

Rearsets were originally developed for club racers that turned standard bikes into racebikes, where the bike originally came with very low, very forward pegs that would contact the ground very easily.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it would be nice to get my big ole 16's off the ground a little more so my toes dont get scrapped off

·
Registered
967 Posts
Rearsets come in 2 typical types, non-adjustable and adjustable. Typically you will find that across the board they weigh less and are stronger than stock and move the foot position up and back from stock. Additionally, some come equipped with bearings on the levers. You can also expect better grip than a stock rubber unit. Adjustable units also have the ability to give you more positions.

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Jeez, size 16's :eek that's like, two of my size 8's :laugh

·
Registered
88 Posts
:O No idea....
What I'd do is: Go to the seller's history and find who bought those rearsets for their bikes (not necessarily TLR -they fit on TLS, too- but also for other bikes) and send them an email through Ebay, asking about quality and if they're happy with their buy...
SOme of them, I'm sure, will reply...... You'll know then :thumbup

they fit on a TL-s, i just e-mailed them, but they say it won't fit:confused

does somebody know how the quality is of this rearset??

greetings V-twin boy

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
they fit on a TL-s, i just e-mailed them, but they say it won't fit:confused

does somebody know how the quality is of this rearset??

greetings V-twin boy

You said you emailed them... and they said what?
Did you ask them if quality is good and if they're happy with what they bought?
:O
Perhaps dunkchamp55 can help you if he has decided to buy them off Ebay.....

·
Registered
88 Posts
i just e-mailed the seller, if it will fit on al tl-s, but they said it won't, i did not asked anything about the quality,

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
i just e-mailed the seller, if it will fit on al tl-s, but they said it won't, i did not asked anything about the quality,

Oh, you emailed the seller.... and he said "no" :O
Well, he's a moron.. If it fits a TLR it will fit a TLS, too....
I have the TLR Sato and they fit perfectly on my S :)
Now go to his feedback page, find who bought TLR or other rearsets from him and email THEM to find out if the thing is good or not....

·
Registered
88 Posts
yeah i will do that in the morning, first i go to sleep:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
i recently bought a rearset of them, very good service, nice product, quick shipping...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts