TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

To everyone out there! I know that i have been missing from this forum for a while. Everything has changed and i am totally confused. What happened to the old forum? What happened to the old topics? Where is the good old "Stock ECU reprogrammable?" topic? There where many information inside that topic. Information posted by me and others!

Anyway i have to inform you that i probably blew my test ECU! :eek:
I was in the middle of developing a USB BDM interface and another usb interface to reprogram the ECU on the bike! As it seems i have to get another ECU but i don't have the money to afford one so i won't post till i have any more news on this one.

Please i really want all the posts of the old thread, if someone has them i really want them!

Cheers

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ECU hacking board is known to me! I post there too! The thread at the tlzone forum had all the information and the progress that we did with the TL ECUs! Maybe the google cache will help! Any way i will post again in the near future the way to reflash the ECUs with all the programs that are needed to do it! I hope that everyone from the old forum will show up here again!

If anyone has any questions, post and i will answer!

Cheers guys!

P.S.: If anyone is willing to donate or sell a used ECU at a low price please PM me. I don't have the money to afford another one. I have one on my bike but i need the extra one for research!

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
I've got a spare I'll donate to the cause.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today i tested the burnt ECU! I put it on bike and it worked ok! But the BDM Port is off! It seems that the BDM port burnt and i can't read or write to the ECU. The ECU is still functional but i can't reflash using BDM. When i will finally built the bootloader i will reflash it. But to built the bootloader i need the BDM! When i receive the spare ECU that Ring-In sent me i will start working on it! Thanks Ring-In.

I wonder where GJim is! He had a "naked" ecu and i would like to check something on the board. Maybe my ECU is repairable!

Cheers

·
Registered
192 Posts
psyche
I like you haven't been a round for a while.
Its a pity the old post was lost. I still have the "naked" ecu what do you need ?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Jim,

Long time! I am fine! What I want you to check is the Freeze line at the BDM port! I was doing some experiments and it seems that I damaged the BDM port! I can't get a reading from the Freeze line. I would like to check if there are any components in that line.

Cheers

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi Jim,

Long time! I am fine! What I want you to check is the Freeze line at the BDM port! I was doing some experiments and it seems that I damaged the BDM port! I can't get a reading from the Freeze line. I would like to check if there are any components in that line.

Cheers
Pin 7 (ECU BDM port) goes straight to CPU pin 74 there are no external components installed in this circuit

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've got a spare I'll donate to the cause.
I received it this week! It is an 02FD0 unit! I will get it ready for the BDM connector and i will extract the bootloader from this one also!!!

Thanks Ring-In!!

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
sno worries :thumbup

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone have seen Pad??? If anyone has experience on programming and the ftdi chips is welcomed for help! I need all the help that i can get to complete the new USB BDM interface that i am building! Anyone willing to help???

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
While most of the old thread "friends" are not signed in yet, i continue the research and post here my findings! I have put aside the USB BDM because i need to clear a little bit my mind! All i am thinking these days is FT245 and bitbang!!!
So i am researching the bootloader! I have added a few more comments at the disassembly and did some reading! What i found in one of the freescale datasheets is this:
Because ADDR[23:20] always follow the state of ADDR19 on
CPU16-based MCUs, the ADDR[23:20] bits in the SRAM
base address high register (RAMBAH) must be programmed
to the same state as the ADDR19 bit in order for the array to
be accessible. If the array is mapped between IMB addresses
$080000 and $F7FFFF, it will remain inaccessible until reset
occurs, or it is remapped outside of this range. Refer to
3.5 CPU16 Memory Mapping for more information.
Well to tell you what happens is that the SRAM, the module that it is supposed to hold the code that we send in order to read, erase and write the ECU, is actually mapped at address 0x80000! That makes me wonder. Why the ECU code maps the SRAM at that address? I mean that the hardware is there, the ECU responds if i send a message and when i send code to execute it receives it! To sum up, the ECU has everything in order the bootloader to work but the address that it saves the code is inaccessible! :-/
I will research it more until i find what exactly happens!

P.S.: I am using the ECU that i burnt the BDM port for this tests! It started getting hot again and i mean really hot! Should i reveal all the pcb? Just to check if the CPU is ok or any component surrounding the CPU? Any thoughts?

P.S.: I understood that the correct address for the SRAM is at $F80000 and not $80000 as we thought earlier! I continue researching!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It seems that the old users are gone! :( I am the only one of the old users that write in this thread?

Anyway i have some great news! I have managed to run a simple program at the ECU! So now that i have a point of where to start i will sure make progress! First i will try to dump all the data from the ECU! Then i will erase it and then i will reprogram it! Guys this thing can drive us to realtime programming if some skilled persons help me!

Cheers!

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
nice work!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts