TLZone Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
a bit of back ground first i recently bought a tl1000s which has been sitting in a shed for the past 3ish years, i stripped it putting new bearings suspention and replacing parts that where taken off, such as airbox and air sensors, i am now at the stage of startin it, the bike will start but after a minute or so the ecm gets verry hot and starts smoking as tho the inside is frying, but when it is stopped it also does it but when the kill swith is in the off position it stops, any thoughts i alsp tryed disconnecting the plugs on the ecm and it only does it when th plug on the left side is plugged in.
:confused
thanks
luke

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Sure it's the ECM? Flat, square box - not the regulator/rectifiier which is similar shape but has fins on the top? If it is the ECM then that sounds bad to me - the Magic Black Smoke should never escape from the ee-leck-trick-all boxes :no :laugh Give it a clean though and make sure there's no grease or oil on it either :O

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
Check you have all the earth tags on the harness properly earthing on the frame. check the correct plugs are attached to the right things.

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
hi kev . beat me to the jump. :))

1 - 4 of 4 Posts