TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright looks like my 98tillis has eaten its own plugs within 700 miles im thinking I might have a thermo prob can anyone tell me if this was a recall by suzuki :O and how can I tell if mine has the earlier cooling system on it if it does have the earlier I would like to go down the proper route to fix it can anyone supply the bits?

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Post some pics of the plugs. Tip erosion or fouling?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cant at the mo its in suzuki they told me they could not get the bike to start they replaced the plugs and off it went but it has an erratic idle said they were really black they have only been in 700 miles they were the iridium type

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
If you run below about 180 deg F you've got a thermo problem. No recall, suzuki left owners on their own to fix that one:laugh

The 98 should be the updated system so you shouldn't have a problem. If you do it may be as simple as a stuck t-stat. Various t-stats of higher temps can be used as well.

To check that it does really have then newer style system, look to see whether there's a small line going from your water pump housing to the t-stat housing and whether the temp sensor is in the rad or the t-stat housing.

Also avoid starting the motor often without running it up to full temp.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
So it's not eating plugs, just fouling them. Need to know what they smell like, and whether they're wet with fuel or oil.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
turns out after suzuki did the reframe they have not connected any of the vacuum system up properly(after close inspection by myself ) they also did not not set the throttle stop screw or set the tps i reckon my plugs ate themselves with them trying to start the old girl!! then got lucky putting a new set in. Unfortunately once the bike got back it was barely running and suzuki went on their crimbo hols(m*Tha F***kas) so up came the tank and down with the fettlin, 10 mins l8r i had her runnin sweet as a nut. They wer good when it came down to warranty issues but i really wished they had just handed me the frame to fit myself cos i'm now gonna have to go over every inch of it to make sure they put it back together right

1 - 11 of 11 Posts