Votes: 21 63.6%
  • North & South

Votes: 12 36.4%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please if you VOTE Leave a message of why you did. And if it's a East Coast ride It shuold be in the middle Lower Virgina Or top of North Carolina.

·
Registered
976 Posts
It is much easier to plan a day trip than it would be to plan a long weekend.What if the weather is bad that weekend.I will be pissed if I drove to North carolina and it rained all weekend.At least if I am in the northeast somewhere it is not as big of a lose.But to drive 12 or 15 hours one way would suck if the weather is bad.I know I will not be going if it is down south.I already drive south 3 times a year for other events and vacation I do not think it will work.It worked for us at marcus dairy and that was a suprise.Do not get me wrong it would be great to meet more people from the board but I dont think this will work.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
East meet. The more the merrier.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I got bad feet & I can't walk to far :laugh

hans3161 said:
It is much easier to plan a day trip than it would be to plan a long weekend.What if the weather is bad that weekend.I will be pissed if I drove to North carolina and it rained all weekend.At least if I am in the northeast somewhere it is not as big of a lose.But to drive 12 or 15 hours one way would suck if the weather is bad.I know I will not be going if it is down south.I already drive south 3 times a year for other events and vacation I do not think it will work.It worked for us at marcus dairy and that was a suprise.Do not get me wrong it would be great to meet more people from the board but I dont think this will work.

·
Registered
379 Posts
What are we considering the North and South? Also when does the "North" warm up? I know i'll be riding here in SC until January and probably will start back in March. Just wondered the climate and season changes of the rest of the east coast.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Well here in Connecticut we can get our first snow fall any day now. There may be a few more riding days here and there between now and mid-November. Then the TL will be in a long slumber until May. There may be some days in April where riding is possible but, the roads are still a mess (lots of sand goes down during winter months).

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
the EASt is tooo big a region. we need to get a southeast meet going. that would be cool. any good roads in georgia?

·
Registered
600 Posts
I ride year round I was out jan 1 last year & in feb the year before that
voodootwin said:
Well here in Connecticut we can get our first snow fall any day now. There may be a few more riding days here and there between now and mid-November. Then the TL will be in a long slumber until May. There may be some days in April where riding is possible but, the roads are still a mess (lots of sand goes down during winter months).

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
You're one studly man Beet :devious

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
I bet if you wait a little bit further into winter and do a southeast meet, and post lots of info about where your going, what you'll be cooking out, what kind of incredible rides you'll be going on, you might just send a couple of northerners into a cabin feaver frenzy and they'll pull the covers off their bikes and trailer them down to meet you. :laugh

·
Registered
600 Posts
:dowhat The Feb run we got clocked on 84 doing 150 6 or 7 cops pulled us over . I walked NO TICKET .:coocoo

·
Registered
967 Posts
beet said:
I ride year round I was out jan 1 last year

That day I was out too!!! Same exactly day... I remember waking up and going outside and it was a nice day!! It was a surprisingly WARM day... I mean.... It was damn warm for january!! I even have pictures at the local thermometer...

·
Registered
600 Posts
my front yard

new years day it might of been the year before last :coocoo

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
I prefered a North/South meeting because of distance. It's better to meet early hit up some nice roads, eat something and ride back home with a big smile all the way.

·
Registered
976 Posts
:stupid

·
Registered
451 Posts
hey beet, i got nailed the same way on route 8 three march's ago...not so lucky though..wound up cuffed in derby police station and bike towed :(

·
Registered
600 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
600 Posts
PS see the snow

1 - 20 of 48 Posts