TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

There will be a new E10 unleaded petrol out in 2021 which I'll not use due to the higher Ethanol volume, but the government is saying that E5 will continue but its likely to be Super unleaded only.
I've only ever run Super unleaded once on a bike and that was a 96' carb Fireblade, this caused terrible running issues and screwed my diaphragm 馃槴
I never used Super after that.
My question is has anyone used Super in their TL and have they had any issues because of it?

Registered
I always run my tiller on the good stuff for precisely the reason of its lower ethanol content. Ethanol in petrol is a terrible idea for all sorts of reasons.
I tend to use Shell nitro. Same for my cars and it does make a difference buying that vs the Tesco Super version. TBF the cars are Beemers and are as fussy as you like about the quality of the gas you stick in them, especially the newer ones. The TL is not quite as picky but you do notice the difference when you put the expensive stuff in. Just feels a bit more responsive.
It is nice that the prices have come down a bit recently as the tiller is not exactly frugal.

Registered
I have used the premium fuels in my TL's for over 20 years. Tbh they run so much better on it. E10 is shite stuff. Put some in in Germany many moons ago. bike spluttered, coughed, cut out, it was truly awful.
Maybe you got a bad batch of fuel when you used premium years ago. Try it again. I'd be surprised if you had a problem .

Reactions: s73w4r7

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I dare'nt put E10 in as the Ethanol will screw up pipes and rubber seals etc.
I know this from my knowledge of classic cars that have had major probs even with E5.

So it should be all good then if I use Super 馃憤

1 - 5 of 5 Posts