- airbox modded and LID off/on
- TLR in cams and TLS (old IN) repressed to EX cams
- full akrapovic,
- bellmouths modded to 1,5cm from TLR
- pc3 with map for each cyllinder

The red line is setup without LID, the blue is setup with with lid on

HP

Torque

I know some off U says that U will not ruin the ramair! The ramair doenst have any effect with lid off!
BUT! The ramair on the TLS is a very early generation! The air is leaking on the way to engine and the placement of the ramair intake are not very effective! So maybe the ramair gives like 1-3HP on topspeed! But by removing the LID u see u get the HP an Torque all the way! Also when driving 20km/h. So why not get 2HP all the way at all speed?
Remember to shield from hot air around the airbox

The next dynorun shows the difference from my old setup and new setup after the map for each cyllinder has been done! So this the result with LID off and remap for each cyllinder!

old setup with pc2: blue line
- standard cams
- full akrapovic
- airboxmod
- KN
- Powercommander 2 custom remap

new setup is the RED line
- TLR in cams and TLS (old IN) repressed to EX cams
- full akrapovic,
- bellmouths 1,5cm
- KN
- pc3 with map for each cyllinder

HP

Tq

Well I lost a couple of HP in topend with the new cams! But look from 2000-9000RPM :) Torque got a big boost and same with HP!
Thats alot! And I think think the lost HP is there when I get my engine driven some more with the new maps. The engine ran way to fat when I got to the dyno, så maybe Ill get a couple of HP more when I have driven some time and cleaned engne.
Remember that this dynojet250i normally meassures about 108-110HP on a TLS :)
114-120HP on TLR´s
and 100-105HP on SV´s

So I´m a very happy man with a torque monster! :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
What year S do you have? Straight swap with the R intakes and S intake to exhaust?

Just finishing up tuning the valves myself plus a bunch of other things before taking it in for custom tuning...might have to try taking the lid off, I don't much care how fast the bike is after 100mph.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
97 TLS, but with 01 engine :)

Straight swap with TLR IN, but u need to get old TLS IN repressed if u use them to EX!

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Yeah, but now test this under real conditions. I don't believe you gain anything under real conditions.
With real conditions I mean laptimes or drag runs.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Yeah, but now test this under real conditions. I don't believe you gain anything under real conditions.
With real conditions I mean laptimes or drag runs.

Greetings
Rufer
I agree, it is too small of a gain. You couldn't tell if the real difference is something else like temp, air pressure, humidity or just a good run or bad run. Not enough gain to tell but certainly any little bit helps on the track right??

·
Registered
181 Posts
A run without the bellmouths would be very interesting. The R has shorter injection tubes as the S with the bellmouths. The R cams normally should give more grunt on high rpm, i think the lost power high up comes from the bellmouths..
Though very cool action from You with the runs and the explainations. Like it!

Ah: I forgot to mention that it had come to my ears that Tl S from 2001 on are equipped with the R idler gears, older Tl S need the S gearwheels on the R cams to avoid engine damage. Somebody with an older Tl s hat an engine failure with the straight swap, some members here run the R cams without pressing S gearwheels on.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont get what u guys means when saying:
"Yeah, but now test this under real conditions. I don't believe you gain anything under real conditions."

Well the dynoroom is a proof room taking outside weather inside, replacing ALL the air so no gasses is in room and lots of more goodies!
Its a company that develops tuningskits for motorcycles! Its an enginnering company. They sell thet filters and kits to all og europe, and are dynojets company here in Denmark that gives support to all Denmark. So they know what they are doiing :)
We testet like 10 times 5 without lid and 5 with lid. Same result all the times!

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
I meant that the impacts of 250kph are hardly ever simulated on a dyno. --> airflow
Nice TLS, btw :thumbup

Greetings
Rufer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts