TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sony DCR-TRV25 Mini-DV handheld camcorder. Records directly to Mini-DV cassettes. I have about 10 full cassettes that I would like to burn to DVD's in a format that any DVD player can play. So I assume that would be DVD format?

I have a DVD burner and I have a version of Nero that came with it, but it does not support burning DVD format movies. However it does seem like a nice piece of software.

So, the question.

You guys that are already doing this, what software are you using and do you like it, do you have any recommendations on software for me to purchase? Should I just upgrade this Nero to the full version 7 for $79?

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
I do have one that I use, but cannot remember the name of it. I usually use my DVR, which has a built-in dvd burner. I'll check tonight and PM you.

·
Registered
967 Posts
DVD Santa.

Search and read about it.

I burn all my DVD (videos) using that software, and it plays on all home DVDs.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
well i use dvd shrink for burning and shrink to fit on 4.7gb....this works well and works in conjuction with nero...

www.filehippo.com is the best place to get it for free

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
TL Freak said:
well i use dvd shrink for burning and shrink to fit on 4.7gb....this works well and works in conjuction with nero...

www.filehippo.com is the best place to get it for free

i use that for copying dvd's but he needs something to convert to dvd format.

i use a few different programs, iv tried them all just about and found these two to be by far the easiest and best. one is called divxtodvd its good as it will join multiple files and burn to a single disc, i also use winavi which is fast. both can be downloaded and i have serial numbers for both if you get one of them.

another one which is ok is ulead dvd movie factory.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
ooo i thought he had them in dvd format and just wanted to burn them....

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
I use Pinnacle Studio. Output to DVD format, then drag and drop the the audio and video folders into Nero and burn them.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
I have Pinnacle 10.6. you can burn straight from the camera to the DVD even add menus, slick as snot sir.:coocoo

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know Nero will do this, but my trial version expired and they want $79 to uprgrade to full.

So is Pinnicle the way to go over Nero?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Davcruz said:
I know Nero will do this, but my trial version expired and they want $79 to uprgrade to full.

So is Pinnicle the way to go over Nero?
You will actually need both of them.. Use pinacle to make/edit the footage you want.. then you will use Nero to burn the image to a DVD

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So Pinnicle is more for mixing, etc. I already have Ulead Video Studio for that, and also Pixela Mixer that came with the Sony camera.

Chopdiesel, what am I supposed to do with this .RAR file I downloaded?

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
unrar it! :laugh Seriously, it's like a zip file, you just have to dl a utility to unrar it.

Doug, I'm going to have to upgrade from Pinnacle verison 8 one of these days. Nice to know it's all in one package now.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
I have a dvd recorder for the tv to replace the video. I just plug my mini dv camcorder into the av input set the record speed (up to 6 hours on one disc) and press record. This is only any use to you if you have a recorder though:O

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
I have some Nero keys that might help you unlock the trail version.

The keys are for 6.0 demo and Nero Enterprise Edition I think.

Interested let me know and I'll Pm the keys. The only down side is you have to input the key each time you wish to use Nero Trail. That's what I do.

I have winrar I can unrar it and than zip it and send it back if you want.

Or like Jasen said DL a utility to unrar it. Winzip10 does it but not as clean as Winrar.

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Dave,

I have a Sony DCR-HC40E, which also uses mini-DV tapes, approx. 60mins long each.

Using Nero, you should be able to burn direct from camera to DVD, with 1 disc per tape :)

I also download to PC (at the highest resolution your storage capacity will allow, then edit using Windows Movie Maker, which is basic but effective. A member here has recently furnished me with copies of other software though, which I must get to grips with Adobe Premier Pro, and Ulead Videostudio 7 ..... :devious

Either way is simple, and using Movie Maker you have a variety of options for resolution when it comes to recording :)

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
ive got NERO 7 , verious keys , manuals & nero 7 screensavers - 170MB :devious

it makes 6 & back look childs play (has full home media program etc)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts