TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Everything you see is included

Was going to modify it to fit my TLS but don't have time:banghead

Any of the S2R 916 748 996 998 Wheels Fit (Except Corse Large Hub Versions)

£495 plus Postage and PayPal Fees etc

UK Postage will be £15, Overseas will be an arm and a leg :laugh

·
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The S4R has the swingarm bearings in the crankcases so not quite a case of spacers etc on a TL unless you can bore out the ends and squeeze some needle rollers in.

Best Route is to make a quick jig and cut/weld a TL pivot tube c/w bearings onto the swingarm then it becomes plug and play :devious

It is perfectly suited to the Trellis Frame of the TLS :thumbup

·
Registered
250 Posts
Strip down and rebuild is easy for me, but fabrication and alloy welding is beyond my abilities.
I've got the frame sitting in my garage ready for something like this though.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Sam - you are soooo right in stating that swinger is perfect for the TLS frame from a looks perspective :drool

Chris - If the fab work is too much look into a Mille swinger maybe :O I'm not sure where the bearings are but they are :drool as well. That's something I would like to do... maybe by 2015 :laugh

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hah... good luck with this sale, Sam. The though of fabbing that thing up over this winter makes me drool... and the wallet cry. Too many other things need to come first :(

·
Registered
992 Posts
Sam, would you consider doing the fab work for a bit more so its ready to go for my S ? Also wonder how much ship would be? You said a bunch, I know your right but have you weighed it? That would give me a better idea what it would cost. Thankyou much.

·
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sam, would you consider doing the fab work for a bit more so its ready to go for my S ? Also wonder how much ship would be? You said a bunch, I know your right but have you weighed it? That would give me a better idea what it would cost. Thankyou much.
Sorry, I'm selling it because I don't have the time to do the fab work etc and bought Peglegs Metchamex SSSA instead.This arm would look much better than the Metchamex but I need to progress the blower engine with any spare time :banghead

I've not weighed it but I guess about 20Kg with the hub/shock etc

Both Fedex and DHL quote about £85 for postage

·
Registered
992 Posts
Well, thank you Sam. If I got the conversion right that'd be about 1000.00 to buy and have it shipped. Thats a pretty sweet deal and am gonna look into it. from what I see there it really wouldnt be that hard of a job but, I gotta find me a welder as mine took a dump and the manufacturer wont honor the warranty because its a month out of date. That in itself burns my ass. I have quite a few letters to the corporate hq's on the matter and am hoping for an answer soon. Best of luck.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
:drool, that SSSA would look great but alas time is also an issue:banghead

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
... bought Peglegs Metchamex SSSA ...
What the hey - how did I mess that? :) got pics of that on Sam?

This'd look sweet, I'd love to see it fabbed up ... damn if I had an S for a project, it'd be awesome!

85 pounds to post that :dowhat I got a kite sent from the UK, cost me 80 pounds and took 2 & a 1/2 months ...!!!

·
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What the hey - how did I mess that? :) got pics of that on Sam?
Not yet, gone in the parts bin waiting until I dust off the blower bike again :laugh

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Must have been a bloody big kite :laugh

·
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So, anybody going to make me an offer before I split the shock/disk/hub/caliper/ etc off and sell seperately.....

:devious

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Dibs on the hub.....

Just kidding :laugh

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...still waiting to hear if I have a shot at that job in the UK :devious...

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm thinking about using this for my bandit project, using sleeves in the frame. Can you tell me the width of the swinger at the pivot point?

·
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm thinking about using this for my bandit project, using sleeves in the frame. Can you tell me the width of the swinger at the pivot point?
It's approx 250mm :thumbup

·
Registered
544 Posts
I'd love to get my buffing wheel on that!:devious

-Matt

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Aw Sam mate I hate to break it to you but that blower-engined bike will twist that SSSA, what with all the torque ... better sell it to me. I'll even give you good price for it :laugh

1 - 20 of 33 Posts