1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
I dont know what's worse...the color of those wheels or the pipe :puke

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...Tom, I'm glad I got the silver wheels for you after seeing that pic...do you have a DRZ and need some wheels for it now?

Still like the type C wheels better as well vs. the type R's on that DRZ though...

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Personaaly I think it looks good:O I may buy a DRZ after I buy a house... that's if I have to go back to the states this summer. I'm due to PCS in August, just don't know where to just yet. I've already passed up on a chance to go to Yakota AB in Japan. The wife wasn't up for it. Currently I'm trying to stay somewhere in central Europe or possibly the UK. If not I think I'll try to get home to Georgia... I'll know for sure end of April.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
I like the wheels on the DRZ. I wonder if the pipe is that way to meet sound requirements at some tracks. It is freaking long.

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
since ge got white plastic and handguards it works fine I think :)

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
I dont know what's worse...the color of those wheels or the pipe :puke
or the rainbow fork sliders on the bike next to it :lol :thatsgay

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I liked spoked wheels best myself, but as far as mag wheels go they look fine to me:O

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
I liked spoked wheels best myself, but as far as mag wheels go they look fine to me:O
I like the mag wheel look, just not the color. I'm lurking for a set of black Marchesini's myself :devious

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Well have fun with it. I think folks who start on street bikes and go to tards tend to like mag wheels while those who start with MX tend to like spoked wheels. Also, I'm fairly sure I'd break mag wheels on a tard in short order:rolleyes

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Well have fun with it. I think folks who start on street bikes and go to tards tend to like mag wheels while those who start with MX tend to like spoked wheels. Also, I'm fairly sure I'd break mag wheels on a tard in short order:rolleyes
I dunno, if you dont jump anything you sould be fine...but then again, some pro's are using Marchesini's I do believe :O

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
I dunno, if you dont jump anything you sould be fine...but then again, some pro's are using Marchesini's I do believe :O
LOL, BikePilot's bike's never ever ever ever ever leave the ground. :rotfl

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:laugh Yeah, I can't imagine having a tard and keeping it on smoothish ground. I'm sure I'd find an abandond set of stairs from time to time, curbs and I'd undoubtedly find myself in a supermoto race before long which would typically include jumps:) For use as a street bike I'm sure they are awsome, but I wouldn't be using a motard strictly as a street bike......

G

·
I wonder if the pipe is that way to meet sound requirements at some tracks. It is freaking long.
I would put my money on that.
They are starting witgh 94dB limits on some races this year (or, are scheduled to do), and it was 96dB 2006. Though, thats Sweden, but I got the impression it was some Europeean thing.

Im my self trying to find a 94dB can, or if I cant find one, take the usual ones and extend it.
My home track has decided to go from No dB limits at all to 95dB... :laugh
and Im not even required to measure my XR, it's an autofail with the can I have one...
The chairman though my bike was lound as it was when there where no restrictions... :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts