TLZone Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jane Flasch (Rochester, N.Y.) - The Monroe County Sheriff's deputy accused of driving drunk and killing a motorcyclist last week likely had a blood alcohol level three times the legal limit.

Immediately after the collision, James Telban, Jr. refused a breathalyzer test. Still, prosecutors obtained a court order and a blood sample.

According to sources close to the investigation, preliminary tests showed Telban had a blood alcohol level of .24.

Monroe County Sheriff Patrick O’Flynn said, "If that is the situation, that is well above the legal limit."

O'Flynn would not comment further without the complete report from the crime lab.

A final analysis is underway at the Monroe County Crime Lab, those results could determine whether the deputy will face new charges including manslaughter.

The report, due later this week, is a key piece of evidence the grand jury will use as they consider whether the off-duty deputy should be charged with a felony in the death of Peter Volkmuth.

When Volkmuth went to work that night, his plans for the end of his shift centered around the first day of preschool for his four-year-old son. But, he never made it home.

Volkmuth, 27, was on his way to work the night shift last Thursday when he was hit. According to witnesses, Telban pulled out of the driveway of the Braemar Country Club directly into the path of Volkmuth’s motorcycle.

Witnesses who were inside the bar are now being interviewed, including fellow off-duty deputies.

Telban has been suspended without pay. He is a 19-year veteran road-patrol officer who could now face a charge of manslaughter or vehicular homicide.

He is in the process of changing attorneys.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
In NZ last year a motorcade of cars including a limo with the Prime Minister in was clocked at 150kph - at least 50kph over the limit ... why were they speeding? Security threat? National emergency? No, the PM wanted to watch the rugby live & was rushing for the plane.
All were acquited of any charges.

That deputy will get off with a light or no sentece too.

... and they wonder why we have no respect for them? :O

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Sending him to jail will not help the family who lost a husband, a father. I think he should be force to pay for the child's education in luau of jail, money should be disbursed from his employer whom allows off duty police officers to drink in uniform.

I do not agree with sending him to jail accidents happen, bad judgments usually lead to them. I think he should get something but jail is not the answer IMHO. I would rather seem him stop drinking and pay dues to the family for the rest of his life.

·
Registered
612 Posts
The cop should get it hard ..just like the rest of us would.

PLUS

He should it get it even extra hard since he straight up new that driving that drunk results in death - he saw it every single f'ng day. Ask yourself how many DUI's did this guy enforce in his nearly TWO DECADES as a LEO.

my opinion - FRY HIS ASS and serve the victims family some bacon.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
This is a man that enforces the law everyday and he is supposed to be a responsible adult. He knows better. He supposed to set the example!

NOTHING will help the family ... but should he go unpunished?

DRINK DRIVING IS NEVER AN ACCIDENT !!!

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
deltl1ks said:
Sending him to jail will not help the family who lost a husband, a father. I think he should be force to pay for the child's education in luau of jail, money should be disbursed from his employer whom allows off duty police officers to drink in uniform.

I do not agree with sending him to jail accidents happen, bad judgments usually lead to them. I think he should get something but jail is not the answer IMHO. I would rather seem him stop drinking and pay dues to the family for the rest of his life.

Del, that's an excellent idea to make him responsibile for child support. Excellent idea! :hail

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
voodootwin said:
Del, that's an excellent idea to make him responsibile for child support. Excellent idea! :hail
...here in Japan, if a "gaijin" = foreigner does anything like this to a Japanese - that is what happens... unfortunatly the rules don't apply if a Japanese does something like this to a "gaijin" (Kamikuza this post is not really here (and not meant to get you started either:laugh))...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Nothing will ever be good enough for the family. From someone who knows, he needs beaten severely and killed. At .24 the prick could hardly even stand. Accidents happen, but with a BAC of .24 its no longer an accident.

·
Registered
871 Posts
muddy said:
Nothing will ever be good enough for the family. From someone who knows, he needs beaten severely and killed. At .24 the prick could hardly even stand. Accidents happen, but with a BAC of .24 its no longer an accident.
:stupid

·
No Likey No Spiders
6,412 Posts
Del, I agree with the child's support idea, to the point of that dickhead's reitrement pay going to the family of the man that he murdered.

But I'm in no way agreeing with keeping him out of jail. That ****er should never see the light of day again.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
wtf going to jail may not solve anything for the family, but do you really think they want that assholes money? no they want their loved one back. Jail is exactly where that dickweed belongs. Drinking and driving is not a fukkin ACCIDENT. He killed a fellow biker while on the sauce. He needs to be locked up. Maybe he will run into some old "friends" while he is in jail and then justice will be served. Accidents happen my ass.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
"Have a drink pal!"
"Yeah, soda thanks - I'm driving"

How ****ing hard is that? I can't believe all these people who get arrested, crash, kill other people etc etc cos they're drunk in charge ...!
Japan has what amounts to a 0% policy which at first I disagreed with but now I'm thinking it's not a bad idea.

HOWEVER

If you're in the car with me & I'm drunk & we get busted ... I get a US$3,000 - 5,000 ticket and/or 3-5 years in 'traffic prison' and you get the same fine and the place where we were drinking gets the same fine too.

I think that's just stupid but I wont start I promise Jeff :) I got a buddy in Omihachiman that got taken out by a taxi & didn't even get medical costs covered.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
ya man that seems a bit harsh and spreads the blame way out, but ya man if they killed someone they need to be treated as such.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
A final analysis is underway at the Monroe County Crime Lab, those results could determine whether the deputy will face new charges including manslaughter

WHAT THE ****?

A guy is in prison for murder or manslaughter whatever for merely riding past a cop that crashed his SUV trying to chase him & died and this DRUNKEN CUNT ran over someone & they're trying to decide if he's guilty or not ...?!?

What THE ****?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Kamikuza said:
A final analysis is underway at the Monroe County Crime Lab, those results could determine whether the deputy will face new charges including manslaughter

A guy is in prison for murder or manslaughter whatever for merely riding past a cop that crashed his SUV trying to chase him & died and this DRUNKEN CUNT ran over someone & they're trying to decide if he's guilty or not ...?!?

What THE ****?

You're an idiot. Take a civics class and learn how the system works.

·
Registered
254 Posts
This is a bunch of horse shit ..... Not only that it was a sherfif's officer but he was parting with OTHER sherrif's too... Not a damn one of them said hey buddy you got a DD i would hate to pull you over later. It's about time the US Goverment sets some examples. .24 is wasted, i don't care if your the prez. of your AA group. This is a bunch of shit.. I say find his family and kill one of them. Let him see how it feels to lose someone close to you cause of a stupid mistake. And manslaughter or vehicular homicide is the least .. can we say Pre-meditaded murder for crying out loud.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts