TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys and gals, just placed my order for a set of front and rear handyindustries stands, from what i have heard and read they work very well for the price. They are 103.99 shipped to my house. Well first off im planning on changing out my sprockets and chain but also i wanted to drop the forks a little in the front, will the front stand allow for fork dropping? They appear to to have a nipple(?) at the top to be placed on the bottom of the forks..... thanks for looking
ryan

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
you mean raise the forks?

since you didn't post a link, hard to say, but I'm guessing you bought the under fork stand so no, you can't raise the forks in the triple clamps if they're also supporting the bike.

you ordered the rear spooled version, right? the swingarm style is pretty lousy, bike can slide off.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Those stands are always good for the price but don't let you work on the forks as they mount under the forks. You can use many methods of getting the front off the ground.

I've done:
1. Jack with a block of wood under the motor and straps to hooks on my garage to the frame.
2. Lift the bike on your stands or with the above method, then run a bar through the swingarm pivot and set on jack stands, weigh down the back of the bike somehow to keep the front lofted.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I loop a big ratched strap through the frame just behind the steering head then hoist the bike up to something (I made a bike hanger out of metal pipe) for work that requires the front end come off the ground.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
forks can be raised through the yokes without a front stand:yes

loosen all the clamp/clip-on bolts and the tension in the bottom yokes will hold the weight of the bike.

prise open the bottom yoke on one side with a flat bladed screwdriver and the other fork leg will compress allowing the leg you're working with to slide upwards.

repeat the other side:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts