TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to download then save music files from a website that is an online radio station ( http://www.cyberage.cx ) but am running into issues trying to do so. The website gives you options on how to download their broadcasts, either in a MP3 Stream, a MP3 Download or as a MP3 Podcast/rss. I can download the program in the first 2 formats but want to save them in a file so I can burn it on a CD & listen to it in my stereo in the garage or in my car. Just can't seem to do it though. Not sure if it is my version of Quicktime or Winamp that doesn't have the capability to do so or if the format used for the download doesn't allow me to save it in a file so I can play it later or burn it on a CD?

Yeah, I own tons of CD's & albums but I never download audio files from the net so I am pretty much ignorant when it comes to this stuff.

Argh!

:confused

·
Registered
451 Posts
unless you have a mp3 cd palyer in your car/stereo, you will have a hard time playing the files.

you can convert the files to "wav" format and write them to a disc and it will work.

or, you could just fire up any of your decent run of the mill cd-burning programs and pick the "audio" cd option...

it will convert the files to ISO 9660 and will also play on any standard cd player...

that help?

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
you could import them into itunes and burn them form there.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Sony MP3 player & the software that comes with the player allows me to do the conversion. So that should work if I can save the file that I am downloading which is what I am having problems with doing. I have one of those portable FM transmitters that allows me to play my MP3 player in my car & listen to the signal through my car stereo's radio. I have line in jacks on my garage stereo that I plug in my MP3 player into as well. So the conversion &/or playing part I think I have pretty well covered. The saving the downloaded file is what is giving me problems.

As I download the MP3 audio file from that website either Quicktime or Winamp opens up & plays the rather long audio file. I don't have the option to just save the file instead of opening it up & playing it. When I click on the option for "MP3 Stream" Firefox gives me the option of either opening the file with one of the video/audio players I have installed or gives me the option of saving the cyberstream.pls file to disk. Nice, that's what I want to do. But if I save that file to disk it just saves a very small file which ends up being the set list of music the stream would have played. I can't figure out how to download the file & save it instead of one of the audio/video players I have installed just playing the file instead. Hmmm. Me thinks they are doing this so you have to listen to the feed & to discourage people from saving the broadcast in a file format for playing later on?

Thanks for the input so far guys. Very cool. :hail

I know if there is a way to do this someone here will have an answer.

·
Registered
451 Posts
i would just be searching for a freeware streaming media capture program.

there is plenty around if you dont like the ones on the page above.

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts