TLZone Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you say when people see your a biker, or what you ride? I betcha I have gotten that 50 times in the last 3 days. I usaully just say "I wasnt planning on it" or "ok, but just cuz you said so.." dip shits. any good responses? :)

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
The last time i said,i better keep my feet up. :laugh not that any one said or has ever said to me "Don't kill yourself" in this case it was,look at the Croc.
You could fall out of bed and die hitting your head.
To say don't kill yourself is to imply you and not some other party is going to do it based on what ? (as strangers)

I go by the famous Two Ronnies (Charlie Farley and Pigsy Malone) saying,Death can be Fatal so try to avoid that.

http://www.downtheroad.org/Australia/imagesb/DSC00318.JPG

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
I have gotten this from other married guys with families on occasion. I tell them I would die without my motorcycles, and that I thank God Mrs. Duke understands.

Perhaps this might get them thinking about their overbearing pants wearing wife who forbids anything remotely resembling adventure in their miserable pathetic lives. I am pretty sure a few of those wives don't care much for my example. This is fine with me as it is not beneath me to start a little rebellion here in suburbia. :devious

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
ive gotten the your gonna kill your self on that thing alot, i look at them self with a serious face and tell them "i would rather die doing something i love the die living a boring life." those are words i have lived by since my dad was stuck by a semi my freshman year of highschool. my next fav is "what doesnt kills us makes us stronger"

i actully had a mother at a party ask me to tell her kids that they would hurt them selves if they ever got a bike like mine i looked at her and looked at her kids and said when you boys get your bikes be smart, respect it and allways wear your helmets.......she was PISSED!!!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
ive gotten the your gonna kill your self on that thing alot, i look at them self with a serious face and tell them "i would rather die doing something i love the die living a boring life." those are words i have lived by since my dad was stuck by a semi my freshman year of highschool. my next fav is "what doesnt kills us makes us stronger"

i actully had a mother at a party ask me to tell her kids that they would hurt them selves if they ever got a bike like mine i looked at her and looked at her kids and said when you boys get your bikes be smart, respect it and allways wear your helmets.......she was PISSED!!!
priceless :laugh

I don't know why people view us as temporary citizens :coocoo I guess it stems from them wandering thru life with their head up their arse.

As Les' pics clearly point out with the fisherman, know the risks and as Richard Branson says "Screw It, Let's Do It".

If you need to explain to people that life is not about the destination then that is their loss. I don't bother with those types anymore. Years of marriage an children have taught me the art of selective hearing :devious

The past is history, the future will never arrive, today is a gift hence why it is called the present.

Learn from yesterday, plan for tomorrow, Live for today

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Why would you care what some brainless numb-nut thinks?
I wouldn't dignify it with an answer.

·
Registered
144 Posts
My older brother actually yelled at me and told me I was "an idiot" for riding my TLS... he said "all I have to say to you is I hope your medical insurance covers you for motorcycle accidents and I hope you've made funeral arrangements."

I left his house at that point. VERY pissed.

·
Registered
580 Posts
So I guess no one else dies in other vehicle accidents? :coocoo That is what most people imply. I could die walking down the street. As long as I can ride I will. For tomorrow may not come.

I thought the whole point of doing anything is to not kill yourself, but enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
My older brother actually yelled at me and told me I was "an idiot" for riding my TLS... he said "all I have to say to you is I hope your medical insurance covers you for motorcycle accidents and I hope you've made funeral arrangements."

I left his house at that point. VERY pissed.
maybe he doesn't like what he sees in the mirror or the way he has made his life??

I wouldn't take anything said in anger personally as it says more about him than it does about you.

It is sad when that sort of stuff comes from those that wear the 'family' label but I would let it go and try not to let it bug you.

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
Great pics Les,so you didnt swim that day then?The last thing on earth i want to do is die.
No swimming Mike but i did ride across when it dropped a bit.

Almost made it across the 4WD track today but foiled by the last crossing,700 mm and not knowing what the bottom was like so had to backtrack.
500 kms in 7 hours. :dowhat

Am happy to report i didn't die. :thumbup but on another note,when i was leaving Darwin this morning around 10kms down the Stuart Highway a car had flipped (straight road) and its looks like it is another fatality (almost weekly here)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts