TLZone Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its leaking oil. I still have lots of oil. and im STILL going on sunday (f that!) so dont worry guys ;)

Question thou, which part do i need to replace in order to fix it? can someone point me to the part# and fiche?? i wanna order it asap.

thanx!

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
ronayers has the fiche and partnumbers. Ya need the oil seal, mechanical seal, side cover gasket, perhaps water pump cover o-ring and the two litle rubber washer/seal things that go around the impeller (obvious in the fiche pic).

Should take about an hour to do.

have fun

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
why the head banging?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
He's a head banger!

:)

Either that or it happened at an inopportune moment. N2Wheelies' seal went out the day before wanting to ride up to Laguna Seca for the MotoGP races & mine went out a couple of years before that 3 days before my ride up there as well.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
hehe, I suppose so. Mine has just started leaking for the second time. I ordered all the stuff to fix it, but wish I had done that long ago and kept it on hand. I have time to do the work this week, but next is going to be tight (and I use the TL to get to work). The WP seal is probably my biggest gripe on the TL. No reason it should only last 20k or so:rant

·
Registered
248 Posts
Mines just gone as well,might have a look at a permenant fix,say a self tapping screw:laugh :laugh

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
That won't work:lol At best you'll manage to mix the oil and antifreeze.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im spending more then 30 mins trying to find which fiche to look at to find all these parts =( anyone wanna help me out?

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:banghead

nothing more? i want to buy everything i need now and not order it again in 1 week

G

·
Yep, what he said. You can actually replace the oil gasket without replacing the mechanical seal, but while you're in there why wouldn't you want to replace the mechanical seal. I just did this recently, it's not difficult but plan for a couple of hours to complete.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Some folks end up braking the impeller taking it off. Mine just slide off by hand with no problems, but I guess not everyone is so lucky.

You could also order the o-ring for the WP cover, although its more or less re-useable. The case cover gasket is likely to tear though so probably best order it or have some RTV on hand.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.