TLZone Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up? im trying to find a swingarm extension kit for my tl 1000r. the best prices i find though are for the busa or the gsxr. i cant find a whole kit for the tl. question is, if i buy a extension kit for a busa or gsxr will it go right on my tlr? chain, brake line, and extenders. ive heard that alot of things from these other bikes go right on our tlr's. someone please help me, and if you know where i can get this cheap let me know too. thanx.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx man, ive noticed they only have black extenders. that sucks. they are a little more expensive then the gsxr extenders. still just wondering if the busa or gsxr ones will work on my bike. does anyone think i would have to lower the back? i know that raises it a little.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
and yes the busa xtensions will fit

·
Registered
252 Posts
Then entire Busa kit off eBay will work except the rear brake caliper bracket which will need to be modded just a bit. Not hard at all though. Just need to take a dremel to it, if you get a kit hit me up I'll show you what Im talkin about. I'm not sure about a GSXR, I believe a 1k kit will fit, but I'm not sure what exact year so I wouldn't chance it just go with the Busa kit. btw I was told not to get the roaring toyz extensions when I bought mine although their stuff does look nice n all I wouldn't shop there cept for small stuff like chrome accessories etc..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanx bro? preciate that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i got a dude that can sell me a gsxr extension really cheap but i dont know if it fits the tlr. if anybody knows for sure please let me know cause i have to get it from him tomorrow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found out that the Busa extensions fit right on the TLR. Ive had mine on for quite some time now. So its confirmed, i forgot all about this thread or i would have came back and told ya 3 yrs ago. lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Flo...hope all is well...I was wondering if you had any issue with the arm extension that you did. I keep reading that the extensions need to be welded because if the torque on the TL's. I am a Florida guy also and I just want to extend and lower my 2001...also where did you get your extensions from? Thanks...Alex

·
Registered
66 Posts
Was thinking about this as well...just a 4" extension nothing crazy. Anyone out there running it cam comment on cornering and keeping the front wheel down

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
none
nothing else fits
the stock ones are fine

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys i got a tl 1000r 2002 and i whani put a stention what stantion can fit my tl urgent whit out problem

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a 4"-6" kit id let go of for not a lot of money. I took it off my 02 when i got it all you would need is a chain and brake line. $30 and its yours.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts