TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well today im riding to school.. early trafic goin 2 miles per hour all the way from my house to school.. right befroe i wanted to make a right to pull up to the parking lot on campus. light turned red.. a car infront f me stoped and a car 4 cars next to me stopped. so i said ill go between two of the cars and once it turns green ill go infornt of everyone and i can make a safe right turn.. well two motorcycle cops where at the light next to me and they saw me goin between two cars at 1 mile per hour.. seriously i was in nutral and i was pushing the bike.. i got reckles driving for splitting lains.. and they took my licsnce away cuz they said i was driving on a suspended.. well my suspension date was over july 1st and i didnt know i had to go to DMfuckinV and get it reinstated so the officer took my licence with him:confused .. and i left standing on the side of the road.. they were both makin fun of me and joking how i was shaking from the cold cuz im sick and all that.. what a ****in asshole cops.. and they were both on bike so i figured they should be good to bikers.. anyway i cant drive till my courtdate in Dec4th and they will probebly suspend my licence again :banghead .. so dammnnnnnnnnnn :rant so does all cops SUCK.. the answer is NO cuz Jesse Came from work in cop uniform wearing a HJC helmet with naked girls on it and my other friend Will .. they showed up and Will rode my bike home, i DROVE his van and Jesse well he did a wheelie and drove off..:lol anyway the Tiller FUN days are over for this year... or are they muwahahahahah :coocoo

Ash

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Most do my friend but not all. Jesse is an exception. Anytime you see a cop in VA. Do nothing and you will still get a ticket.

I got a reckless for loping the front wheel accidentally about 3 weeks ago. Speaking of which, I need to reschedule it, I can't go for the court date now.

BTW my recent accident. The officer could have gave me a ticket because my registration had expired. He said nah, you have enough problems to deal with. He even came to my house to inform my parents that I wrecked. He was a good cop.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
You are definately not supposed to go between cars in VA. Any VA cop would have nailed you for that one, but yeah the cops sound really lousy. The GMU campus cops are known for being really really nazi-like. They unfortunately are "real" cops in that they have the authority of the state and have guns, but they perform the function of campus rent-a-cops and seem to have a huge chip on their shoulder for it.

Most cops probably would have given you an improper passing ticket for that, reckless is a bit much. I'd fight that one if I were you.

best of luck

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Nope, not all. Some rock enough that I'd loan them my bike for a trackday!

But just like people, some do suck.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
The trouble is, unlike normal sucky people, sucky cops still weild the police power of the state and can unjustly make your life really miserable:rant

·
14,150 Posts
Tis true BP, and I've been on the receiving end of both. Too bad they can't all be the good ones though.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh and one thing i forgot to mention.. one of the cops was telling me that i cant drive anything now, but the other cop looks at him and said.. "well he can go get a scooter" they both laughed out loud and high fived each others and continue writing the tickets..and u wonder why creminals shoot cops...

Ash

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Document all the details of your interaction with the cops now while its fresh in your mind. Write down as much as you can remember, as well as the details of the situtation (time of day, weather, traffic, exactly what you did, your current state of health, what the cops said and did both with eachother and with you etc. It will come in handy in court. Read up on previous court cases to see what workes and what doesn't, read the actual statutes involved and see that justice is done. Note that you've very little chance of getting off in traffic court - they are hardly real courts at all and pretty much worthless at best. Appeal to the local district circut court and kick butt:thumbup

BTW a laywer wouldn't be a bad idea if you have the $$ and want to drive any time soon.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Oh, and lastly, I'd recomend an aprillia SR50 for the time being - totally kick-butt scoot:devious

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
It does sound like you need to get your license fixed ASAP if you can.

·
14,150 Posts
BikePilot said:
BTW a laywer wouldn't be a bad idea if you have the $$ and want to drive any time soon.
My lawyer here handles traffic tickets for $50. That's darn cheap and has been well worth it.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
For a VA Reckless driving ticket it will be at least $500 I suspect, but still probably well worth it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
In CT you can't even ride a motorscooter with out a valid car license

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Djees, what a way to serve and protect :puke

Being reckless on a bike which isn't in gear.. :coocoo

·
Registered
601 Posts
The reckless driving ought to be easy to fight, there should be another name for that. You will still probably get your licence re-suspended for driving on it.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
it doesnt matter how fast you were going, you could have been going .3mph if you split cars in between lanes that is reckless driving.......and the license thing, well i'm pretty sure the judge for traffic court has heard the "i didnt know i had to go to the DMV to reinstate my license" thing about a million times, it sounds like you were in the wrong here, take your blows and learn from it. law says driving after suspended(revoked) there is no budging with that one, if you were to drive off and wreck or cause a wreck the officers would have been liable. not all cops are D!cks as you say, well it seems to me that just the ones that people deal with when they are in the wrong are D!cks. just because people dont get off scott free everytime it makes them D!cks. im sure you woulda been on here sayin how great the contact with the cop was if they let you off and said have a good day. peoples opinion on Law enforcement in general varies on the situation and dealings with them.

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
Not all cops suck... Pulled 4 different times by different cop 'types' for motorcycle related infractions and have walked away from each instance with nothing more than warning.

1. 'Observed' Speeding... Told to slow down (county sheriff)
2. Passing on a double yellow... Told not to do it again (park police)
3. 74 in a 35 (radar)... Told to slow down (county sheriff)
4. Expired inspection sticker on my trailer (on the way to a track day)... Told to get it inspected. (FFX co cop).

I think when I get pulled over they see that I'm a sorry arsed sod and feel sorry for me. :laugh

·
14,150 Posts
Hey, so long as they act professional I'm cool with them, regardless of what I get hit with. My biggest ticket I've ever gotten was given to me by a police woman who was calm and professional. I have no beef with her. I'm the dumbass who didn't realize he'd just crossed a small towns limits and missed the lower speed limit sign. I don't speed through small towns because that just pisses people off and they get the cops to set up for us. But I screwed up and took my lumps.

Now the a-holes in Gainesville Florida that made me stand hands on my truck, legs spread for the traffic going by while they told jokes about me laughing at me for going 6 over the limit....they can go to hell. And that ticket was significantly less than the above one.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts