TLZone Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, while I'm having ye olde motor on the TL rebuilt I though to sort out a few of these recommended mods. High on the list has been the 'thermo mod' for the 97 cooling system.
Unable to locate necessary parts elsewhere I contacted 'DK Spares' (breakers). Now get this, I asked for a price on a thermo housing, water pump housing, and thermostat (I knew they were breaking a TLS) and they comes back with a price, £94.00.

So, I go to Rob Wilshire's (local Suzuki Dealership) and they quote me? ------ £87.49 brand spanking new parts!!!:whatsthat :confused

I truly get P**&^&*^D off at these people, always out to rip off anyone at the drop of a hat:rant :rant :mad :mad


Doc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,420 Posts
It just shows it pays to do your homework
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,279 Posts
i could sell you the housing i have for £20? then you would only need a thermostat from a tlr or an old nissan micra (info from octofinger)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,001 Posts
...they were including their labor pulling it out in the price they quoted you:laugh...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tornado said:
i could sell you the housing i have for £20? then you would only need a thermostat from a tlr or an old nissan micra (info from octofinger)

Thanks a lot for the offer m8, but I have already ordered the parts from Suzuki dealer.

Doc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,717 Posts
DONT EVER BUY FROM DK SPARES !! Or in fact dont even buy a used bike from them. They are real cowboys. There was a link to another forum where DK has sold a GS500 ?? to a newbie and it was made up of 3 or 4 different year bikes. Real cut & shut operation.

:hail TLR's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,531 Posts
They may well be the largest dealer/showroom but places like the zone/here are far more useful! Advice parts anything you name it someone is likly to be able to help :rockon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tlsgreen said:
They may well be the largest dealer/showroom but places like the zone/here are far more useful! Advice parts anything you name it someone is likly to be able to help :rockon

Actually I have already had bags of help from many on this site -and I am incredibly grateful

As for DK Spares:jack , biggest or not, as our friends over the pond might say,


THEY CAN KEEEEESE MARRRRRRR BUUUUUURT!!!!!!!!:laugh :laugh :laugh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To be honest I couldn't tell you, I only go there for oem spares and mot's. Any other work that I don't do myself I take to a v-twin specialist on the other side of town.

Having said that there is a real chatty guy I recall, perhaps that's him:dunno
 

·
Moderator,
Joined
·
5,038 Posts
Dr. Phibes said:
To be honest I couldn't tell you, I only go there for oem spares and mot's. Any other work that I don't do myself I take to a v-twin specialist on the other side of town.

Having said that there is a real chatty guy I recall, perhaps that's him:dunno
Whereabouts?
I have a mate who lives in Bishopstoke with a TLS, be handy to know a good place to take the steed:yes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Posh Johnny said:
OMG I think this backs your point

Prove a Point

Yeh, and who are 'Delkevic'? - none other that :fire DK Spares! But check out the postage charge - £9.95!! Right! how much that going to cost really?, like about £2.50, if that.

That's the idea lads, hike up the price any way you can!:jack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Posh Johnny said:
Whereabouts?
I have a mate who lives in Bishopstoke with a TLS, be handy to know a good place to take the steed:yes

Mayors Motorcycle Care, off of Test Lane, Redbridge. Here's their site:

http://www.mayors-motorcycles.co.uk/index.asp

I have known Wayne (owner) for many years and Mike (his mechanic) really knows his onions (proper trained mech.).
If your mate wants to go there for anything tell him to drop me an email and I'll mention him to Wayne - might get a few bob off the bill, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
i could sell you the housing i have for £20? then you would only need a thermostat from a tlr or an old nissan micra (info from octofinger)
Tornado. If you still have that housing, I would like to buy it. Let me know :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,289 Posts
Anyone heard from the Doc recently:O Has he got his TLS running yet:O
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top