TLZone Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't suppose that you can lose the sidestand and clutch relays if you have jumpered these switches? I really don't understand what a relay does in the first place, I am fairly wiring impaired. I know it is so the switch itself can carry less load, but if it is jumpered anyway then it has no choice to make and thus could the circuit be cleaned up? Looking for more room for gap mod.
john

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Relays let your switches be small low amp switches.... but let's them power bit things that would burn the small switch out.

I think both of those switches run the fuel pump relay. Fuel pump pulls some serious amps, the little switch at the clutch or side stand ... and the wireing between... couldn't take the amps the pump needs.

if you already have bypassed the safety switches... I would think you could just go to the relay and put it in "battle short" (spliced in the always on) but be aware that there may be other things like your kill switch and the TOS that may now be jumpered out as well... maybe even some protections in the ECU that shut the bike down if it gets to hot, oil pressure low... not sure but you may be eliminating more then you think.

·
Registered
802 Posts
The side stand relay is built into the indicator flasher unit
And is housed in the front right hand side of the fairing
Beside the fuse box

The fuel pump relay is in the area you are talking about
As well as the tip over censer

The fuel pump relay is a must have
The tip over censer may save your life one day

If your after space then move them elsewhere

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
on S both clutch and s stand relays are back by dealer mode switch. And I think that TO sensor may have hurt more people than it has helped, though I've never had a problem with mine. I will leave my relays on until I get a little smarter.
thanks
john

1 - 4 of 4 Posts