TLZone Forums banner

Different from my tiller ohlins shock

700 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  bdejong 
#1 ·
click here!

I saw this yahoo japan auction above and this made me kinda courious. Since i did buy an Ohlins shock months ago and still have not had it installed for some reason .

I do prefer the CNC link in the pictures, absolutely not the two brackets and bolts coming with the new ohlins shock i bought .

Could it be better if i have a machenic to copy a link like this?

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
the shock looks like the correct one...same as the one I have :O

but I dunno about that link... :confused

maybe an updated mounting? It looks like it would keep the linkage ratio rather than just the straight mounting like the usual setup. maybe check the ohlins webstie and see? :O

#3 ·
#4 ·
Best advantage to that setup is it keeps the ability to adjust ride height which the normal Ohlins setup on a TLR has no provision for and on a TLR it is rather important as the stock ride height is too low. If the shock is the same I would assume the spring rate will be different from the other Ohlins. If you email the guy and get the 3 distances center to center between the 2 bearings and the bolt then you can have 1 made. Also get the guy to give you the numbers off the spring so you can figure out what the rate is. Just noticed in the first pic there are 2 springs that would explain why. My bet is that was made in Japan locally not by Ohlins. Or it might be a Lindeman Penske link.

#8 ·
The 190 means 190N for 1 mm impression. It seems very high to me because this shock obviously uses a linkage system which kind of doubles the spring rate to the swingarm.

The Ohlins straight spring uses a 210N/mm spring.

You will need the original lower link to make it work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.