TLZone Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just really interested to know. Is there any difference between the years of the TL1000R?
I know visually, but was there any other upgrades/changes made. Or are they all the same just different colours? 馃槉

馃弽馃挩

Registered
I don't believe there were any changes to the TLR engine, the TLS had a change early on. The cosmetics were the only changes that I know of.
They changed the number of clutch plates in 01. Look at the Partzilla parts listing for the clutch - LOTS of different parts for the 01-03 bikes. The 01-03 parts are also more expensive: https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/suzuki/motorcycle/2000/tl1000r/clutch Part #8 shows qty 8 for the W/X and 9 for the K1-K3. W/X also uses #9 which the K1-K3 bikes don't. K1-K3 uses qty 9 of #10 as well where W/X use 8.

They also changed the oil separator return tank in 2001 but that's not internals: Suzuki Motorcycle 2000 OEM Parts Diagram for Crankcase | Partzilla.com

Looks like 01-03 also had a different rear damper: Suzuki Motorcycle 2000 OEM Parts Diagram for REAR DAMPER | Partzilla.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts