TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seth Enslow involved in motorcycle fatality

Wednesday, 13th September, 2006

The Bradenton Herald in Sarasota, South Dakota, has reported that Freestyle icon Seth Enslow was involved in a fatal motorcycle accident which resulted in the death of a local police sergeant.
The paper reported that Bradenton Police Department Sgt. Tyler Mathews, a ten year veteran of the police department, was killed in a motorcycle accident that involved Enslow last Friday in South Dakota.

According to a South Dakota Highway Patrol report, Mathews was riding his 2006 Harley-Davidson on U.S. Route 16A near Rapid City, S.D., when a driver of another motorcycle made a left turn into Mathews' path.

Charges against the other motorcyclist, Seth Enslow, of Costa Mesa, Calif., are pending the completion of the accident investigation, according to SDHP Trooper Matthew Wosje.

The report should be finished by the middle of next week, Wosje told the Bradenton Herald.

Mathews was attending the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota with his wife, Lisa, who was riding on the back of the motorcycle when the accident occurred.

Lisa Mathews suffered minor injuries and was taken to a South Dakota hospital.

Enslow also was taken to the hospital with a broken leg and ankle.

Tyler Mathews is survived by his wife and four children ranging in age from elementary to high school age.
Got this from Motorcycle Online. Anyone know anything about it?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
looks that way. did a quick google search. got this from onthepipe.com appears to be the same exact story.

Funeral services scheduled for deceased officer
CARL MARIO NUDI
Herald Staff Writer
BRADENTON - A large community outpouring is expected for the funeral services of Bradenton Police Department Sgt. Tyler Mathews.

Mathews, who was killed in a motorcycle accident Friday in South Dakota, was well respected in Manatee County.

Services for the 10-year police department veteran were tentatively set for 11 a.m. Friday at the Church of the Rock, 1401 14th Ave. W., Palmetto, according to Maj. Bill Tokajar, of the police department.

According to a South Dakota Highway Patrol report, Mathews was riding his 2006 Harley-Davidson on U.S. Route 16A near Rapid City, S.D., when a driver of another motorcycle made a left turn into Mathews' path.

Charges against the other motorcyclist, Seth Enslow, of Costa Mesa, Calif., are pending the completion of the accident investigation, according to SDHP Trooper Matthew Wosje.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
wow, this was a month ago. not his fault though. sounds like the cop ran over Seth to me. bad news either way. hate to read this stuff. i guess it was at Sturgis. but the biker gang shooting took all the headlines.

Another positive was there was only one accident fatality in the county, compared to five a year ago. Last Friday, Aug. 11, Tyler Mathews of Bradenton, Fla., died when his 2006 Harley Davidson ran into a motorcycle being driven by Seth Enslow of Costa Mesa, Calif.

Enslow was westbound on Hwy. 16A, and slowed down to make a left hand turn into a parking lot, while signaling for the turn with his arm. Mathews could not stop or swerve in time to miss Enslow's motorcycle, and collided with him in the middle of the eastbound lane. According to South Dakota Highway Patrol trooper Matthew Wosje, Mathews' motorcycle slid approximately 20 feet and came to rest in the westbound lane. Enslow's motorcycle came to rest in the eastbound lane. Mathews landed on Enslow's motorcycle, while Lisa Mathews, Tyler's passenger, was trappped under the bike.

Enslow was transported to Rapid City Regional hospital, where he was treated for a broken femur and ankle. Mathews was declared dead at the scene. Lisa Mathews was transported to Rapid City Regional Hospital with possible head injuries, but was later released with minor injuries.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
hey man, the bradenton herald is a newspaper out of florida down here near tampa. sarasota/bradenton area are just south of tampa on US41 and palmetto is right between them. wow man that sucks ass :thumbdown

·
Registered
358 Posts
My sister lives down there in the Sticks of bradenton, was there this past april.. love Anna Maria, what beautiful Beaches... and this cominf from someone that grew up with beaches on 3 sides, i hate the beach...

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Its been a huge debate on the dirt bike forums. General, though not absolute consensus is that the cop was a typical harly squid and plowed into seth. I have no clue what the truth is, Seth is not known for good judgement, but the man does have an extraordinary amount of skill/tallent and its hard to imagine him accidently taking out a cop in a street situtation.

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
The news article says that Seth turned left infront of the officer. Sounds like Seth is at fault. Who is Seth Enslow anyway, yeah I know, I live under a rock.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
He's the crusty demons of the dirt guy.....famous for big jumps and crazy stunts on motorcycles in sand dunes, usually ending in some major crash.

There's conflicting news articles or so a lot of folks have said, some say seth turned left infront of the cop, others say the cop rear-ended him when he slowed to turn:O I haven't a clue what the truth is, but its an unfortunate situtation regardless.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
the guy who tried jumping his house and it went bad and he smashed his face into the bars/clamp for the bars at the forks and busted his face to hell even with a helmet on. so they pealed his face off and put a plate in his head and then stapeled his face back on......i have never rode a dirt bike but in my younger days i watched all the crusty demon videos and he is one the guys i have always loved him and mike metzger......

i guess its all comes down to what all the ppl saw in the first artical is sounds like seth hit this man by pulling out in front of him in the 2nd artical it sounds like seth signaled and the man wasnt paying atentions or somthing and he hit him......

RIP

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
He made money crashing? Hell.. Where are my sponsorships?

I can do that. :lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts