·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Dude, you've got the DR-Z, go have some fun in the slipery stuff:devious

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DRZ in the snow with 208's? could be fun...would have to break out the camcorder for that one

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
It would have to be better than a TL in the snow (I would know:lol), but the 208's won't do a lot of gripping. What you really need is a set of E wheels. Knobbies move snow well, studded knobbies move snow and grip even better:banana

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
My oldest son has an apartment overlooking Dillion Lake, he says he's already got his season pass for the slopes.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I did see a motorcycle cop on south bound I25 today. Looked like his bike had a sidecar.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
doesnt look like its sticking to the black top that well or have they plowed..bike in the snow can be fun also all wheel drive car as well

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It didn't stick that well on that part of town, but where I live it was sticking and slick as hell.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^ that'll work too. But it is Colorado, yesterday it snowed anywhere from a couple inches to a couple feet (depending on where in the state you are) but it's supposed to be mid 60's all weekend. go figure.

but you'll find PLENTY of places to flog that cat.

Had it out yet?

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
I picked a fine time to be in Los Angeles I guess. Unfortunately, it was to testify in a breach of contract lawsuit against my employer, and I was the "star witness". Spent the last 1.5 days getting grilled by a hotshot LA Lawyer. The first day was tough, but I woke up at 3:AM this morning, studied my stuff and knew it cold. I think I handed him has ass and made him look foolish today. He trried to trick me with some questions and I did not fall for it and called him on it in front of the jury.

Anyway, I am at my buddy's house, he will be home tonight from work, but he said I am more than welcome to take his brand new Husky 510 SMR for a spin. I plan to take it down seaside to Seal Beach to the Taco Surf restaurant for some yummy lunch. The weather is perfect.

Ya, you poor bastards can start hating me now. :banghead I will be back in town tomorrow night. Better enjoy it down here while I can! :hail I have just got to stay out of jail while riding on the Husky :)

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
We expect a full report on the 510:D

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Husky 510 SMR report! My buddy removed the cone in the stock muffler and it has a JD jet kit in the carb. It has a great sound. Thumpy and loud, but not raspy or obnoxious in the least.

Throw this thing some red meat, this bike is rude! The engine has zippo flywheel effect. the throttle is an on/off switch at small openings, and it is a huge pain in the ass to ride at "traffic" speeds, even for a long time rider like me. Accelerating gently and changing gears while riding in traffic without lurching due to the lack of flywheel is a challenge. Heat spills out of the rads like crazy and it roasts your nuts. It also vibrates pretty hard and the seat is a plank. My ass was toast within 20 miles. I went to fill it up and the filler neck is so shallow, it is truly work not to get a lap full of gas geyersing out of it. It is by far the most impractical street going motorcycle I have ever ridden. A CR500 would make a better street bike than this thing.

So I hated it right? Ah, not really. :D I managed to slip away to an industrial park with some secluded roads. Some workers were out eating lunch, so I had a little audience. Holy 3rd and 4th gear wheelies Batman! The thing revs like a tiger and my ass dyno registers a healthy 60hp plus on top. Don't bother with low rpm. It just pulls and pulls from the midrange on up to silly high rpm. It feels like it revs well past 10,000.

Thus ridden, the bike lost it's balky feel and came to life. Spank it hard and holy crap. It is addictive. The front brake is insane, simply insane. I would love to ride one of these on a motard course. :)

Parked it in Seal Beach and had lunch. When I came out, several people were checking it out and I had to explain what it was :laugh

Update - 10/28. Rode the Husky for 20 minutes straight in a parking lot. 2nd and 3rd gear oval course. Sliding the back end coming off turns and wheelies down the straights. Never have I had such fun in a parking lot.

Later at N2Wheelies house, I rode the KX of Death, his SV650 and finally his fearsome TLS. It was a treat to ride a full bore Art Davis motored TLS at sea level. The thing pulls so hard it is unbelievable.

The KX runs very good, dial a wheelie violent power, much throttle control required. It was actually rideable. What a sick machine.
Good to have friends with bikes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts