TLZone Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I am attempting to decide between what bike to get. I am looking at a still new on showroom floor 04 ZX-12R (SWEET, but not a track bike) and Fengler's (I might have goofed the name) 97 TLS for a track bike. I would really love to get my hands on a NEW ZX12 as they are just about gone....but I really want to get a track bike too as I really want to do some track days.....:banghead damn the decisions.
So, in your opinions...what do you think?

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
if you already have a road 'bike then go for a track-only 'bike, that's what I'd do anyway :O

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Why not track the 02 GSXR750? It would be perfect for the job I'd think, then use your TLR for the street and ya don't even need another bike:lol

have fun

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
:stupid I was thinking the exact same thing even before I read his post.

Except then...buy a dirt bike! Loads of fun there.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
gixxerjasen said:
Except then...buy a dirt bike! Loads of fun there.
You know how hard it was for me to keep quiet on the dirt bike side of things?
:lol

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
BikePilot said:
You know how hard it was for me to keep quiet on the dirt bike side of things?
:lol
I was rather suprised it didn't come up in your post. I thought you might have gotten ill or something.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Well, he sold the GXR last month. Need to update your profile, baby!:p

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BikePilot said:
Why not track the 02 GSXR750? It would be perfect for the job I'd think, then use your TLR for the street and ya don't even need another bike:lol

have fun
Yeah...sold the 750 about a month ago..had to get rid of the note....:banghead Need to update the profile.....:coocoo

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
So your options are track the TLR and get a 12R for the street or use the TLR for the street and get something for the track I guess?

have fun

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
I'm going to go with the majority and say get a 750 for the track. Really, 96 and up depending on how much you want to spend. There was a nice 00 for 3500 locally recently, and my best friend I used to race with is back racing on one, loves it and dropped 3 seconds a lap his first day compared to his very trick TLR. Course, he's also got a 300, 625smc and a couple smaller ones for his kids...damn microsoft money ;-)

or, get a motard instead.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well I went to test out the ZX-12R and I think I can cross that one out of the thoughts. I tried and tried and it just doesn't feel right...maybe I have been riding the TL too long but it seemed that the zx's tank was just too long. really stretches out the arms. So I have talked to a guy last night and he just might be able to get me another TLR that I can put on the track......YEAH BABY YEAH! So we will see.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts