TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many db does a Youshimura Stainless steel RS-3 produce? At
And how many DB with a DB killer fitted?
Can't find this info anywhere strangely

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,413 Posts
The Yosh RS3 and M4 when freshly repacked are about 102dB, after a few hours of use on the track they creep up to the UK track limit of 105dB

If the sleeves of the cans get too hot to touch or start to change colour to yellow/blue then you've lost most of the packing in that silencer and if you have carbon cans they will soon blow to bits as the carbon gets cooked. A 1000cc V-Twin has very powerful exhaust power pulses and soon destroys them if not looked after.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Yosh RS3 and M4 when freshly repacked are about 102dB, after a few hours of use on the track they creep up to the UK track limit of 105dB

If the sleeves of the cans get too hot to touch or start to change colour to yellow/blue then you've lost most of the packing in that silencer and if you have carbon cans they will soon blow to bits as the carbon gets cooked. A 1000cc V-Twin

has very powerful exhaust power pulses and soon destroys them if not looked after.
------
Thank you. The 102 DB you measeured;
is that with DB killer installed or without?

I want the RS3 but not be attracting unwanted attention by being annoyingly loud. A deep rumble is lovely.

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,413 Posts
That's just the straight through cans, I take my dB killers with me to race meetings but as I regularly repack my silencers I've never needed them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's just the straight through cans, I take my dB killers with me to race meetings but as I regularly repack my silencers I've never needed them.
Ok. But the DB killers, dud you ever try them out? And if so. How many DB dide they "kill". I am trying for the 80-85 DB range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts