TLZone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

What does a good size multi-brand motorcycle/atv/watercraft dealership service writer make in the Southeast? I am aware that commission is a portion of that salary, but what percent? What about base salary? I greatly appreciate any input and advice.

Thanks,
Del

·
Registered
140 Posts
Where in the southeast ?? That makes a big diffrence. but I can say most pay plans are based on Customer Pay ELR and HRO and warranty% of sales and most likly 2% of parts sold on warranty RO and 3% of CP parts sold on RO. and there will be most likly spiffs on services ie:1500 mile service and so on. WOW I did not realy answer your question.
About 35,000-58,000 based on experience,csi scores,ect.ect.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds about right

Cars,

Your salary range is a fair guestimate and in line with mine. I have searched the internet but to no avail. Plenty of auto dealership service writer info but none posted for motorcycle dealers. Maybe someone will post tomorrow with Southeast info.

Thanks,
Del

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
MC dealerships typically pay quite a lot less than car dealerships - I don't have specific numbers but I know its generally a lot less.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
$300.00 per week base salary + 2% labor sales and 1% parts sales...
Not a whole lot of money for the stress.:banghead

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bummer....

Brendan,

Thanks for the info, as I really had no clue until you and CARS educated me. As it is, I would agree that the salary is not quite what I anticipated, at least from my perspective. I am hoping this dealership is on the upper scale.

Cheers,
Del

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where in the southeast ?? That makes a big diffrence. but I can say most pay plans are based on Customer Pay ELR and HRO and warranty% of sales and most likly 2% of parts sold on warranty RO and 3% of CP parts sold on RO. and there will be most likly spiffs on services ie:1500 mile service and so on. WOW I did not realy answer your question.
About 35,000-58,000 based on experience,csi scores,ect.ect.
Cars,

When you have a minute, please translate ELR, HRO, RO and CP to me, as I forgot to ask the other night when you first posted.

Thanks,
Del

·
Registered
140 Posts
Effective labor rate is the caculation of the actual labor dollors you are holding. basicly a overall average

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
I worked as a service writer for almost 2 years and got paid flat rate $14/hr. DEFINITELY not worth it for the stress!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There we go...

Thanks, Cars and Billbo, that helps my headache...LOL!! Not sure what to make of it all just yet but I will post more at a later date.

Thanks a bunch, gents!
Del

1 - 12 of 12 Posts