TLZone Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I STFF but could not find out exactly how to bridge out the wire to put the bike into dealer mode. Is there a more elaborate explination of how to do this?:banghead

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Find a white connector in the tail with a rubber cover on the end. Pull off the cover, bridge the 2 connections with a paper clip, wire, dealer mode switch, etc.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry eletrical things aren't my speciality, so I need to bridge out the two wires in teh picture?

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Yes, the plug may be behind the tray on the left. You may have to "fish" for it. :coocoo

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay, and then will the codes show up on my tack? sorry to be so dumb I just never needed to know how to do it until now. thanks

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
lfe136 said:
okay, and then will the codes show up on my tack? sorry to be so dumb I just never needed to know how to do it until now. thanks

The last code (if any) will come in your dash. If there is nothing to be shown, there will be a c00 that means everything is just fine...

We all feel dumb when it gets to search for a new thing... Take the pros' advice here and you wil be a fast learner :thumbup

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yep, with your paper clip or whatever you use put in place and the bike turned on, you'll see -c00 if there's no codes tripped. While you're at it don't let your paper clip or piece of wire touch the metal frame. Not sure what would happen but I know it's bad. :laugh

edit: aaarrgghhhh ye beat me to it

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Here's your first step....go here and download the HUGE pdf that is the Suzuki Factory serivce manual for the TLR.

http://www.chucksirois.com/tl1000/

When you look in the plug you'll see that there's four slots, but only two of them have metal in them. Untwist a paperclip and jam the ends in the two metal pieces and turn the bike on. Provided you've got a persistant problem it'll show up on your guage I think where your temp normally is displayed. It'll be a C with two numbers like C00 or C48. Then look up that in the manual and it'll tell you what is wrong.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great thank you everyone for all of the help.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
NP :thumbup

That's what we're here for. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts