TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, the weather was good, the gf had practice, I decided to go to the mtns with a buddy for the day. Started off @ Suches (Wolf Pen Gap) and rode Blood Mountain and then made our way to the Skyway.

His ZXR, my TLR (still in project phase). Had a little ice and snow in the shadows up around 5000+ ft. Temps were perfect, 60s. Not a cloud, traffic was medium to light.

We ended up doing 270 miles. Rode from 11AM to 7 PM. The last hour was in the dark and since my headlight isn't made for dark mountain riding, he chased me with his brights on to get back. We could have gone slow and let him lead, but the temps were falling FAST. Had to stop and warm our hands on the exhaust cans as neither of us had winter gloves on.

The day was great, and we had a blast. Only scarey moment was when a rabbit ran out of the dark and almost clipped my rear tire.

Anyone else still riding!? :)

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Looks like a great ride. :thumbup It's a good thing you had your friend with you because mountain roads with crappy light is excitement most people don't want. Well, me anyhow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts