TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day folks, looking for some direction to the issues l have with my gauge lights not working.
l have checked fuses and connectors to the best of my ability but still come up empty handed.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
By the way....Hello to all from Down Under.
Danny.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
One assumes you've checked the bulbs?

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Take the clocks off the bike and you can remove the bulbs from behind. They can be upgraded to brighter bulbs too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks tlsgazza. even tho the bulbs are ok sounds like a worthy up grade.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
G'day folks, looking for some direction to the issues l have with my gauge lights not working.
l have checked fuses and connectors to the best of my ability but still come up empty handed.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
By the way....Hello to all from Down Under.
Danny.
Welcome to the Zone Danny! :thumbup

The Grey wire going in the the instrument connector powers the gauge illumination. If you have no voltage at that point, the problem could be:
  • in the headlight switch,
  • or the black gang connector leading to the left-hand switch pod. Specifically, look at the Grey to Grey wire terminals, and the Orange/Blue to Orange/Green wire terminals,
  • or a wire could just be open at some point along the way.
Use your ohm meter to test continuity of that circuit along each conductor. Obviously, with the power off.

If you don't find the problem in this portion of the circuit, we'll follow the Orange/Green wire further upstream toward the fuse box to see what turns up. :devious

Let us know what you find please.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello AMA, l had no idea of the wire colors and your info is tops. l will look into this with my auto elec buddy and see what the end result is. l have always suspected an interruption in the loom somewhere. Lets see how we go. Thanks for your knowledge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts