TLZone Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well this is what i get for posting up how low maintainence...

went to leave work and the starter button no workie.
bump started it and off i went.

figured i left the key on.

got home and tried the starter button again. headlight goes dim but no starty. :banghead. put a voltmeter on the battery and its charged just fine. starter button doesnt even drag the voltage down much.... hmmm.. any suggestions? maybe just a bad connection somewhere. im going to have a stiff drink and a few games of darts and get back to it with a better attitude...

:laugh

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
N2wheelies said:
well this is what i get for posting up how low maintainence....:laugh
...ah, the curse of the low maintanence thread posting:banghead...

Hope you get her sorted quick:thumbup

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Put the battery on charge anyway.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
You've got a bit of moisture out in Long Beach!

I'd say if the battery is fully charged it's most likely the handlebar starter switch contacts.

Although the one on my TLS only gave me a problem once, whereas my 80' GS610's starter switch required a yearly cleaning & fresh dielectric grease. I agree with Steve though & put it on the Tender anyways & see if it will do the trick. Maybe it's the combination of the "I'm going drag racing with my TLS" thread combined with the "Low maintenance SV thread" & the full moon we just had on Sunday?

W

·
0 Posts
a ground somewhere maybe got loose? :O

if you push the button, and 'something' happens, it seems to me that it is not the button that is faulty.

i'm not too far behind with the rap-low-maintenance: one oil change and new brakepads up front, i'd say all together one hour in a whole year of riding :devious (but i admit i don't ride that much kms anymore ;) )

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Starter relay or relay connector would be my first guess other than the battery or loose battery cables.

good luck:thumbup

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
I'd check out that battery anyway. Try hooking up the battery from the TLS. My battery on the TLR showed fine with the volt meter but even still, changing out the battery fixed it.

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Carefully check that starter button. I had similar issues with my TLS awhile ago. Shine up the contacts and put some dielectric grease on it.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
I have no Input but congrats on a doing some maintenance to the SV, Just hit 10,000 miles and the warranty may be no more so the gremlins decide to surface. Afterall, It's a Suzuki...kind of what we expect "Electric problems". :cheers

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:thumbup

must have disturbed the clutch switch connector when i lubed the cable and it rattled off on the way to work.
:banghead.

all is well.

thanks again for the suggestions!

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:doh that'll do it. Glad it wasn't anything major:thumbup

·
Registered
433 Posts
probably bad connection at the clutch "neutral safety" switch. Engine won't turn over if that switch is faulty.

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Always good to check the simple stuff first. Way to go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts