TLZone Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey JoE, I'm loving your UNO TL :) ...have seen a couple of others on www.tl-treffen.de. It seems to be a popular mod over your part of the world.

Just today I sent an email to Speer to ask if they'll export to NZ, the UNO Frame looks to be one of the best aftermarket TL frames around IMO. So I'm keen to see if in the not too distant future I can get one sent over to me.

So do you know if they export overseas or are they only dealing with the domestic market?

I'm assuming the frame accepts all the stock parts required, but what about the sub frame? Is this the stock item from your donor TLS or is it also from UNO/Speer?

Sorry to bug with q's...

cheers

Rabs

·
Registered
166 Posts
TLRJ,:yes :drool :thumbup

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hi Rabs,

well, yes there are some UNO's over here. Must be some 50 worldwide as far as I know. My frame ist #30. I really don't know if SPEER does ship overseas. But it shouldn't be a problem nowadays. If they don't, maybe the manufaturer, "UNO Motorradtechnik GmbH" does (SPEER just sells 'em). They can be reached by phone +49 8284 8094. Unfortunately they don't have a web page or something.

The frame comes with all bolts, nuts, bushings... that are required.
All TLS stock parts (fairing, tank, seat, subframe...) fit the frame and can be used. Exceptions : rear shock WILBERS comes with the kit, stock steering damper bracket will not fit without modification. If the stock swingarm should be used, it must be modified (no big deal) to accept the WILBERS shock. Also it is recommended to modify the hole for the rear axle to allow the wheel to be moved 10mm to the rear. However, now there is also a UNO swingarm available (wasn't when I got my frame. Will be my next purchase) that looks pretty cool.

Hope this helps. Otherwise you can email or pm me. Ciao... JoE.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey JoE,

You're a gent and a scholar...I very much appreciate the detailed reply. I'll look at making contact with UNO and see how I get on. But as you say if there are 50 sold world wide then that kind of answers my question :)

The tubular swing arm looks very trick, and certainly would make the kit "complete" just add water, a few parts, mix together and bake at 100 deg C for half and hour and hey presto one smokin' TL...

Thanks again and when I'm a little closer to being ready to do something I'll drop you an email if I need help.

As for those wheels... :hail

Cheers

Rabs

·
Registered
11 Posts
Agreed, it would be a huge mistake to keep the stock rear shock mounting and stock swing-arm. If you build a new frame, update everything to higher spec and better geometry. New triple, shock and swing-arm 👍

41 - 46 of 46 Posts