TLZone Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what my mom found in her shed a couple years back. The Ministry of natural Resourses came and took samples of bees and the hive, they determined that it was a new species of bee. My mom wanted more info but they told her that she would have to pay it. :coocoo

·
Registered
756 Posts
Yep
definately weaver beez!!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
neato but scary:scared

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
thats sweet!!!!

·
I was cumstein21
1,805 Posts
That is FOOKING Cool, Throw rocks at it. :laugh

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
crashtd said:
awesome looking hive...i guess the bee's didn't mind you there, or did you gas'em or something?

-:banana

Actually, a friend of my mom took the photos, the bee's got pissed and started attacking. No way I was taking those pictures! :laugh

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
Thats crazy, whats happened to it since the photo's?

I got my wife to look at that, she is a licensed exterminator in NC and TN and she said that it looks more like a hornet and not a bee. Take a close look at the body and the coloring on the tail. Hornets make nests like that aslo, alot different than your bee.

Thats wild never the less.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, all my mom got from them that it was some sort of mixed breed, a new speices. But that's all the info she could get out of them without having to pay. That was a year ago, not sure if she's heard anything else. The nest has been removed, and as far as I know, the bees have not returned.

·
Registered
451 Posts
i carry an epi-pen for bee stings...just seeing these pics makes me sweat :puke

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Cools pics, I've never seen a hive like that before:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts