TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought some crash bungs off e-bay for My TL1000S here is the link to the ones I bought:-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...Category=10534&_trkparms=algo=LVI&its=I&otn=2

I can't see how these fit on, if I go to put them on the frame as it suggests, the long bolts supplied aren't the same as what i'd need them to replace, i.e the engine mounting bolts on the frame are wider than the diameter of the new longer bolts. And this is the same for all of the bolts I can see on the frame.
Also if I do put it on the frame, it's not going to do anygood as the plastic fairing, radiator etc... will hit the floor before the mushrooms will even be scratched.
Has anyone fitted these? got pics of it to show me exactly what I am doing wrong if indeed I am doing anything wrong at all, i'm pretty confident with bikes and working on them and I really can't see anywhere these go....
Thankyou,
Dan

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
:confused.............. something doesn't look right about them

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
he's got his phone number there

just ring him

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
I had some that were a bit like that years ago, as you say they don't stick out anywhere near far enough and bolt on in a wierd place, i took em off in the end and replaced with R+G's, much better than the others and bolt all the way through the frame on a single bolt threaded at each end,

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
I took em off in the end and replaced with R+G's, much better than the others and bolt all the way through the frame on a single bolt threaded at each end,
:stupid

A foot long M12 rod is always going to protect your bike better than an M10 bolt, the R&G ones are the best length and fit in the best position to protect the radiator and pegs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fitted them finally, they aren't the best, they actually fit BEHIND the fairing the radiator sticks out a few mm from the bung so the radiator will touch 1st.
There the Motrax ones, i've kept them on because "why not" but i really cant imagine them doing much good.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
i second my esteemed colleagues suggestions..junk em and get the r&g's .. those bad boys saved my bike at a 60mph off on woodhead pass..can't reccomend them enough...they didn't help when i wrote it off but hey...100mph impact to the front of a marauding astra is tough in anyones book :laugh

·
15,415 Posts
..can't recommend them enough...they didn't help when i wrote it off but hey...100mph impact to the front of a marauding astra is tough in anyones book :laugh
100mph :confused That's not what I told the police :laugh

Notice the crash bung still attached to the bike and still at 90Deg to the frame whist everything else disapeared.......what more can be said about R&G Crash Bungs :hail

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
lmao....cars speed + my speed = 100mph :)

i was only doing 45 at the most :D

heres what happened after i binned it at 60 and it hit nothing

as you can see..minimal damage for a 60mph spill...i rode it home..and she was back on the road the week after complete with new bung from r&g ....towards end of last year i dropped it again ( left disclock on..doh ) and there was no damage whatsoever only due to having r&g's :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha that is class the picture of the bike fully write off but with the crash bobbin OK lol!
yeah the crash wasn't too bad for me, knee down on road in craven arms and hit the gravel but the corner was a very sharp one, most damage has been done when it hit the kerb.
depending on this head whether i need a new one as the bolt has snapped off and me making it worse by drilling it I hope to be back on the road next Week

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
and that very same crash bung is on my new frame :D

·
Registered
400 Posts
100mph That's not what I told the police
Look at the speedo on the floor officer, its stuck at 40 :devious

That so looks like a placed prop! :laugh

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Look at the speedo on the floor officer, its stuck at 40 :devious

That so looks like a placed prop! :laugh
errr...i'm not too sure but i think the speedo disintegrated on impact :laugh

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
i still cant belive u guys walked away from that smash with hardly an injury :)

·
15,415 Posts
Only a few mental scars remain from watching some little egit flying through the air holding onto a pair of handlebars with just a front wheel on the end before my world went sky/ground/sky etc :laugh

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
neither can i dude..it sends a shiver down my spine..i'm still not over it psychologically but atleast i still love my bike and being out on it...

the scary thing for me is that my mate got killed in a 35mph spill that was a nothing accident...why him and not me?? scary mate scary :(

but tt time soon so lots of riding ahead..you still goin bill?

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
nope mate im broke and i meen totaly broke now got folks knocking for none payment at the mo

·
Registered
400 Posts
Me too. Its hard to believe that you can walk away from those sorts of speeds, you have to experience it for yourself first.

My crashing zen is:

1. All should be ok if you and the bike hit nothing and just slide (no cartwheels for either)
2. You can never time a jump off AND match the ground speed by running!

I've had a +100mph off on the M6 at 2am and walked away....well more hobbled as the adrenaline quickly wore off.

I'm glad you are still here to tell the story, nevermind walk!!!!

·
15,415 Posts
My crashing zen is:

1. All should be ok if you and the bike hit nothing and just slide (no cartwheels for either)
I prefer to barrel roll and break my hands and feet everytime or think I'm down to walking speed and then try to get up and hit the ground head first at 30mph again :devious

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
nope mate im broke and i meen totaly broke now got folks knocking for none payment at the mo
awww dude...that sux...hide the tl ffs!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts