TLZone Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay HELP PLEASSSE. I'm pretty new to mc motors. I blew the S motor and swapped in a R motor taht had some years on it. Well it runs great ..BUT. when I get the bike up to about 60mph for ten min it begins to leak oil. I suspect it's pushing it into the airbox..What do you think I should do. Mechanics seem to not know shit and say just sell it like it's that damn easy to come up with 7k for a new bike. I need a fix even if this turns into a 3 month winter project I don't care..PLEEEEASSSE help me. I don't have another 1500 to waste on another motor..Oh and I have the old S motor too. I suspect the last mechinc didn't do as good a job with the swap as he should have

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
thats a common issue the the TL motor. Mine was a reed valve replacement. Pair valve removal and lower oil level usually helps. Ive got an old mid tick mark on the sight glass from when I kept my oil level in the middle.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Same here, Don't fill to the upper line ..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.