TLZone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been going over the tls this winter and tried starting the thing with the crankcase breather hose kinked. it idled like shizz and then backfired a couple of times. I turnd it off now its running on one cylinder. Maybe the cam timming some how???

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
did you inspect your spark plug for the rear cilinder

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I did the whole plug to frame test, observed spark, dried it, put it back in the cylinder, started the bike, took spark out again to see if fuel was getting to it. Seems to all check. but rear cylinder not firing.

spark yes, fuel yes, air??? maybe

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
The breather hose couldn't have altered cam timing. I would replace the plugs, testing it out of the engine doesn't prove much as sparking under atmospheric pressure is a very different thing from sparking under pressure.

Also check that the throttle bodies are still seated in their boots, a backfire can sometimes blow them out.

good luck

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
:stupid

New plugs. Not cleaned or dried old ones, new plugs. Front and rear.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually think it was the blackbeans and artichoke dip last night. I let loose a jet stream of hot gooey fermented ruminant substance; straight into the toilet. It smelled delicous going in!!!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
You can also cut about 1/8" to 1/4" off the plug wire, screw the cap back on then put it back on the plug. Ends of the wire degrade first, so that might help too.

Always go back to my standby, new, fully charged battery.

c

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fixed. I was going to spend some time inspecting the timing becuase I have had issues with it before. I think an important messege here is realized in the razor. Simplest petential problem first, then advance to more complex solutions. THANKS GUYS!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts