TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, many thanks for the wealth of knowledge you all make accessible to those of us who seek it... the other day I noticed what turned out to be the "crankcase adjust nut" hanging on my kickstand. I determined what it was by looking at an OEM parts diagram, but I have never heard of such a thing. I would like to put it back where it belongs properly but I don't even know what it's doing. Is there anyone who can help me get a clue?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Actually, the part you have pictured is a lock nut for the adjustable collar on the rear bottom motor mount bolt by the side stand. The collar threads into the frame to take up the slack between the engine case and the frame. The lock nut keeps the collar from turning while the engine mounting bolt is secured.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
adjustable collar on the rear bottom motor mount bolt by the side stand. The collar threads into the frame to take up the slack between the engine case and the frame. The lock nut keeps the collar from turning while the engine mounting bolt is secured.
Thanks for your help Six5.

The diagrams I've seen call it "crank case adjuster", the service manual calls it a "thrust adjuster" but it's really just a bushing that's held in place by the part I asked about, right? There is no adjustment to make, or am I missing something still?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Thanks for your help Six5.

The diagrams I've seen call it "crank case adjuster", the service manual calls it a "thrust adjuster" but it's really just a bushing that's held in place by the part I asked about, right? There is no adjustment to make, or am I missing something still?
No adjustment at all. Just torqued down to keep the engine in the frame!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts