TLZone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a 1998 suzuki marauder vz 800 it cranks but no spark I have replaced the ignition coils put in New spark plugs checked stator and rectifier went as far as changing CHI box and still no spark help please frustrated summer is here and now I can't ride bike was fine gave some trouble during last ride it would start to back fire if throttle was above 25% parked it and it never started again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello I have a 1998 suzuki marauder vz 800 it cranks but no spark I have replaced the ignition coils put in New spark plugs checked stator and rectifier went as far as changing CHI box and still no spark help please frustrated summer is here and now I can't ride bike was fine gave some trouble during last ride it would start to back fire if throttle was above 25% parked it and it never started again.
Have you ever figured out your no spark issues? I have the same problem

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem ,wonder if something on the flywheel or if it some how moved so that the pickup coil is not hitting like it should ?

·
Registered
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,411 Posts
Per the VZ800 Service Manual, this bike uses a transistorized ignition module, which includes a trigger on the generator rotor and a pick-up sensor mounted in the cover. Therefore, if you have confirmed there is no spark being generated, and the other interlocks have been confirmed or defeated, then it may be worthwhile to inspect the rotor and the pickup to verify the proper clearance exists, and that no debris has accumulated on the sensor.

The service manual can be downloaded from the link below for free.
VZ800_Service_97_02

1 - 6 of 6 Posts