TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do an ebay search for TL* FRAME and look at the bottom of the eBay Stores list. Kool tubular TL racing frame from Germany for TL-R and TL-S.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
that much money and you're limited to using a tls airbox by those two cross members:coocoo
quite portly too at 21Lbs, the TS road frame weighs 18lbs and the race 16lbs (apparently..)

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I still think someone should come up with a hypermoto conversion for some sport twin (TL, VTR, SP2, whatever would work well and can be had cheep - a TL would be my top pick I think). That supermoto TL that pops up from time to time sure is :drool. I think if someone offered a modded swingarm and rear suspension and all the body/tank stuff needed it would sell (well, at least one would:devious).

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
This is the former UNO frame. On the picture the billet aluminium pieces that mount swingarm, footpegs etc are missing.

The frame can't be registered in most EU countries any more due to the TL engine failing todays emission standards.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...The frame can't be registered in most EU countries any more due to the TL engine failing todays emission standards.

Greetings
Rufer
...so once you transplanted your TL engine into this it would be considered a "new" bike and you couldn't reg it?

·
Registered
428 Posts
...so once you transplanted your TL engine into this it would be considered a "new" bike and you couldn't reg it?
Right. With the new frame, the bike's manufacturer changes (to "UNO" in my case). So you need to reregister the bike in order to get a new title. Since all todays tough emission regulations apply, it's pretty obvious, the TL motor is going to fail them.

JoE.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I would think for this kind of money you might be better off with this
http://www.spdexhaust.com/
as its a Titanium frame
Well, yes. However, one has to keep in mind that the UNO frame was designed in 98/99. It was pretty cool then (it still is though). The intention was to build a frame that was better/stiffer/lighter than stock, while at the same time it would accept all other stock TL1000 parts (except for the rear suspension). Plus, the resulting bike had to be street legal (can be a pita issue here in Germany. All I say is TUV!!!)

JoE.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
I believe here in the states you are able to build and register a bike as a custom, so long as production remains below a certain number per year (100?). I'm sure it varies from state to state though. Too bad you couldn't transfer a donor bike's registration and plate to the new frame and just register it under the donor bike VIN#. Pity.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I wonder what the weight is for a stock TLR frame? Just for weight comparison, the German tubular frame is 21 pounds. The ebay site does specify race use, I am guessing that is their target audience for the frame. I would like to see a pic of one assembled into a TLR for kicks.
It is pretty costly though. I paid $6000 for my entire 2003 TLR, that thing is about $4000 alone. Lots of green for a frame.
Ken

·
Registered
1,033 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Great source for exhaust bits!! I've been looking for all these parts in one place (with the services as well) for a long time. thanks!

By the way, do you have a specific source you can point me to for these?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/flash5/headerdoughnut.jpg
I seemed to have screwed up for the frame here is the link for frames I was thinking of.
http://arcfabrication.com/index.html

as to the doughnut for the exhaust BN Hotrods in Port Coquitlam B.C. has them in mild steel and stainless

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Hey JoE you got pics of your bike.
I would like to see one of these frames complete with bodywork and motor
Cheers

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
I've seen it before but still :drool She's a keeper :hail

P

·
0 Posts
:stupid

And it would be even cooler without fairings to showoff that frame (imho) :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts