TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He just finished putting rear sets on it and making a billet kickstarter for it as the stocker fouled the rearsets. I will update when pictures of that arrive.

The construction business has been slow, so he is doing other things instead :devious

Is has reshaped heads and a mild port job. He claims it is running very strong and that wheelies are, um, not a problem :laugh

The man is meticulous :D

·
Registered
460 Posts
That bike is damn near flawless. :drool

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I love two strokes. Awesome bike!!!

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Like that, would love that engine in an Aprilia rs250 frame for a street bike. Over on the Aprilia forum some guys use that engine in an Aprilia 250 with a big bore setup from Oz to make a 500 2 stroke 120hp and 120kg weight.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
That looks like it would be a fun little ride for around town!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Like that, would love that engine in an Aprilia rs250 frame for a street bike. Over on the Aprilia forum some guys use that engine in an Aprilia 250 with a big bore setup from Oz to make a 500 2 stroke 120hp and 120kg weight.
Twostrokeshop.com is the place you're thinking of. They use the liquid cooked version of that engine in there bike. Rz-350 here in the states and rd-350ypvs everywhere else in the world.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
I love it! A friend's silver RD400 is the first street bike I ever rode thru twisties. Your friend has done a great job reconditioning it!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Beautiful bike :thumbup What year is it?

Twostrokeshop.com is the place you're thinking of. They use the liquid cooked version of that engine in there bike. Rz-350 here in the states and rd-350ypvs everywhere else in the world.
Do they put the engine in the liquid before it boils or after :laugh

The TSS RS500 is really neat, they sure know twostrokers down there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_vzR6r8zOs

·
Registered
156 Posts
ya gotta love that. rd250's were my first bikes. i always wanted to put a 350lc top end on a rd250dx bottom end with reverse cylinders (which apparently is quite easy) but as usual never go round to it, now theyre all too expensive to buy bits 'n' pieces to play with. hey ho

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
:hail

·
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Attachments

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
:) nice attn to detail

very nice. :thumbup

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
aint that RD350YPVS watercooled engine they use?

·
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Love the gold anodized radial fin heads. Those were the shiznits, back in the day!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts