TLZone Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this tlr with 6800 miles on it put it together, got it running, now I went to take it for a test ride and it will not get out of its own way. If it sits and idles for about 15-30 seconds it backfires and dies. I was expecting this thing to be an animal ...but something isnt right and idk what it is. I did the air box mod and the + mod Idk if either of these had an effect seeing as I did them before I ever heard this bike run... but any help as to what may be causing this would be really really appreciated. I want to ride this damn thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did the pair removal also...I called a local suzuki dealer and they told me the t.b.s would have to be way out of sync but maybe they are ...

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Have a look to see if a throttle body hasnt come out of the rubber boot on the head. This will allow too much air in and weaken the mix and loose power and pop and bang.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just figured out my front cylinder header was loose and it looks like there was no gasket in between the header and the head. Is there supposed to be a gasket or no? Also It doesnt want to seem to idle below like 1500 what are they supposed to idle at? And last but not least I put it in dealer mode and idling at 1500 rpms it was at the top bar and reading c00 But i was reading that at below 1200rpms its supposed to drop down or sit at the middle bar. But the bike does not want to run at that rpm. I also found that the front t.b. boot was loose and i put it back on and tightened it. I couldnt find a good link or how-to adjust the tp and sync the throttle bodies when I searched any help?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts