TLZone Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

it my last two races of the season at cal speedway. come on out and hang or race if you are interested.

just east of the 15 on cherry between 210 and 10 freeways. im behind 1st place by 30 pts. hoping to do this again...

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Thats awsome.I am in ny so its a bit of a ride for me,good luck at the races

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Heading out to San Bernadino on Saturday for the Route 66 Car Show & on Sunday out to Willow Springs for the Willow 200. Hell, San Bernadino isn't all that far away from my Cali Speedway stomping grounds! Will try to drop on by sometime Saturday afternoon/evening to kick some tires with ya'. You are bringing the VW & are staying at the track, no?

:confused

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mr. DOBALINA said:
Heading out to San Bernadino on Saturday for the Route 66 Car Show & on Sunday out to Willow Springs for the Willow 200. Hell, San Bernadino isn't all that far away from my Cali Speedway stomping grounds! Will try to drop on by sometime Saturday afternoon/evening to kick some tires with ya'. You are bringing the VW & are staying at the track, no?

:confused
thats right. just look for the rig... hope to see you.
john

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
:cheers, good luck on another trophy

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hello dennis. thanks again for a super ride saturday :) time trial kick in at 9 am or so. eliminations are going noonish. drag steve out here and do time onlys or for a $5 more try to win the $200. its usually only 8-10 bikes. two redlights or breakouts against you and your in the semis :banana seriously. new comers at the drags have all the luck :devious

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
:thumbup all the best and good luck John :burnout :tillis

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice pictures... lots a wheelie bars :)

thanks for coming out and hanging for (long) duration. :hail :thumbup thanks to gerhard too for dropping by after the big car show on sat night.

pretty dramatic weekend, lost first round to 04's champ on saturday who ended up winning the saturday event and getting ahead of me in points, along with the 3rd position racer (the blown vmax) and i went from 2nd to 4th on saturday.

sunday there was a national dragster wally trophy up for grabs and 18 bikes showed up vs saturdays 11. i managed to finish 3rd of 18, getting ahead of the vmax again and catching back up in points to the fellow who beat me on saturday.

ended up tied for 2nd for the year and while i missed the gold card, im going to the finals in oct :banana

ive got videos to post and some pictures too.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
So Doc,
How did you do out there on Sunday? Know Saturday was a little rough but I think you must have done better today. Watz UP?

FWIW - I saw part time drag racer Ivan at Willow Springs today. He was doing a pit crew thing for my old team mates the team Hypercycle guys. Ivan said he was doing more drag racing on his GSXR @ LACR in Palmdale but he got pissed off when the converted it to an 1/8th mile track so he's not doing much drag racing anymore. Tried to talk him into doing a Cali Speedway race but he didn't seem convinced. :^(.

There was a 3 hour delay today @ Willow Springs before the main event. During the 250cc race held before the Toyota 200 three riders went down hard at the exit of the high speed turn 8. It was on the last lap & the checkered flag was already being displayed at start/finish for runaway race winner Rich Oliver. One of those riders highsided & suffered serious head trauma - then the ambulance crew had to administer CPR as he went into cardiac arrest. The crew was on the phone with a doctor at a trauma center talking about airlifting him out. But it was not to be as they couldn't revive him & the racer passed away. The Kern County coroner had to be called as per protocol & he came out to do an investigation along with the local sheriff. The coroner was in Bakersfield & had to drive out to the track so everything went into a holding pattern until he arrived & did his thing. A super bummer as the racer who died was a local racer & a good guy.

Godspeed Jesus A.

Link to the story can be found here - http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=27066

- - -

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bummer to hear that gerhard. :thumbdown we musta been posting simultaneously... way bummer. :(

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Yep, that's what we were doing John. It's been a number of years since I've been out at a track where someone got killed during an event. Just a weird, weird feeling & an unnatural silence that kind of creeps into your soul. Word got out about what happened fairly quickly (within the first hour or so) & the nervous anger about the delays morphed into this quiet calm but it was laced with creepy tension that I could definitely feel. It is a dangerous sport & at times it takes some of us away.

So does the championship end as a tie for second? There is no tie breaker provisions in the rule book?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts