TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys and ladys , Legitamite Question . Theres got to be away around code C41 . i won the bid on an ECU of Ebay ,got it after shipping and everything $145 good deal well the problem i had before was a fuel pump prime issue code C41 . everything i read said relsy and ecu so i got the relay and an ECU . relay ohmed out perfect ,new/ used ecu throwing 2 codes c21 / c41. . any thoughts in a way to bypass ecu either by modifying the injectors or the delivery system ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? and if not there will be ...

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Concerning the c21 code, if you are testing the ECM and the air temperature sensor is laying on the engine or contacting the chassis at some point, that may be the problem. It needs to be plugged in but isolated from other metal parts on the bike, just the way it is when mounted in the air box.

Concerning the c41 code, you either have two ECMs with the same internal failure, or there is still a problem somewhere else in the wire loom causing the error code.

See page 4-48 in the manual to test the fuel pump relay circuit. If those test conditions are met, and there are no other error codes present, and the yellow/blue control wire to the FPR still does not go low after key ON, then that relay control output from the ECM is likely dead.

It is possible to bypass that ECM fuel pump relay control line to regain functional control of the relay. However, some of the safety features will be lost.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
John, I'm curious.
Did you try to troubleshoot the c21 error code mentioned above? That is, follow the procedure in the manual to determine if the sensor is working properly, and the wires are good back to the ECM?

Also, in another thread, you mentioned that you have tried three ECMs. Did the two replacements come from eBay? Do they all exhibit the c41 error code? Are you open to working around the c41 error code?

Also, does the c21 code appear with all three ECMs?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John, I'm curious.
Did you try to troubleshoot the c21 error code mentioned above? That is, follow the procedure in the manual to determine if the sensor is working properly, and the wires are good back to the ECM?

Also, in another thread, you mentioned that you have tried three ECMs. Did the two replacements come from eBay? Do they all exhibit the c41 error code? Are you open to working around the c41 error code?

Also, does the c21 code appear with all three ECMs?
Yes they did come from eBay , and yes I'm willing to work around the c41 error code air temp sensor has been fixed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts