TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago my clutch pushrod seal blew out while I was riding and lost most of the oil when this happened. I only rode a few hundred feet after it happened and shut the bike down. I replaced the seal but didnt wipe away all the excess oil so it spilled again. The last time I replaced the seal and put in a new outer pushrod ( the old one had some nicks in it)

I ran the bike a few times and the seal is holding up well, however I went to go for a ride today and when I put into gear and release the clutch the bike doesnt move, or even stall. I tried this in first and second gear and had the same problem. After shutiing it down I putit in gear and pushed the bike, it had some resistance but I could push it. When I pulled the clutch lever the resistance didnt change.

Now did I blow my clutch here or is there something worse I need to worry about. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Also if it is my clutch are those clear covers still available?

Tom M

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
maybe put too long of a pushrod in by chance :O

it seems like the clutch isnt coming back together enough...pull the RH engine cover and check it out. it should be tight together with the lever out, and should spread as you pull the lever in

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lever is the same length as the old one, when I got it from th eshop it looked longer but when comaparing the 2 they are the same size. I will try to take a look on the left side today just to make sure everything is in order, then I will pull the right side apart.

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
Any free play at the lever at all?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ryno said:
Any free play at the lever at all?
None at all which I thought was strange. When I replaced the seal I started the bike and ran it for a while to check for leaks and burn off the residual oil. I also shifted it in and out of first a few times while on the rear stand, and the wheel spun and all appeared to be ok whic has me wondering:confused

I will prolly start pulling it apart in a week or 2 since I am getting my futura back for my street ride and can start my winter projects.

Tom M

1 - 5 of 5 Posts