TLZone Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if the TL's clutch master cylinder is the same as any of the busa's or SVs or Bandits.

Is there an upgraded one ? Or only stock replacements ?

Also while one the line, is the stainless line upgrade worth it ?

Is there a thread with a list of all the interchangable parts that cross over from the TL to another bike ? ( IE: like the TL has the same levers as the busa, bandit, and SV ).

Thanx again guys.

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
you can use ronayres.com microfiche to see that else matches exactly. Brembo radial or cable from an S is a better solution.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm using one from a Busa since the stocker was broken when I got the bike. I also changed the brake to match. Top performance isn't an issue for me

·
Registered
8 Posts
u can try the tls cable conversion which gives a more gradual engagement range but it is stiffer than stock
a better idea is to swap it for a ducati "gold" master. it has a fine thread for the fitting connection.
the engagement is broader than stock and the pull is softer, easilly one of the best upgrades for the bike that ive done
the ducati radial master is the best of all of these that i have tried but the most expensive by far

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Isn't the Ducati usually a cast Brembo? Brembo also makes a billet...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where could I find the brembo replacement ?
A friend with a TL just told me that I can buy a rebuild kit for $26 if I need to rebuild mine, but I'm wondering about the brembo.

I knew about the cable conversion, but it just didn't seem like "the right way" to deal with it. Also, I didn't know how well it worked ( or didn't work ).

Thanx again for all the great info.

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
The cable is great, you can actually feel the clutch. It's also one less fluid to change and only $100 with new parts. It's also lighter.

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
cable

The cable is great, you can actually feel the clutch. It's also one less fluid to change and only $100 with new parts. It's also lighter.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
But the cable sort sucks if you ride a lot in crappy weather. Not an issue for folks down under or on the west cost, but anyone riding in rain or snow much will find a cable quite high maintence (needs constant cleaning/lubing). I'm going to try a hydro clutch to see if its any less work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts